Child care workers supervise and care for children of ages from 6 months to 6 years. Most working parents choose child care workers to assist them with looking after their children while they are away.
They are skilled individuals who are expert in looking after the needs of little children. Since they need to do everything from changing diaper to managing little children’s more profound emotional needs, child care workers are trained especially in providing this type of services.
Are you a professional child care worker? If you are, then you might need a good functional or skills based resume to help you get a job. This kind of resume is very effective for entry level candidates and career changers.
4792 Vivian Avenue, Cumberland, RI 54212, Cell: (999) 439-9999, Email:
❖❖ CHILD CARE WORKER ❖❖
Dedicated to the total development of children.
Friendly, energetic and reliable Child Care professional with special skills in handling both physical and emotional development of children. Demonstrated ability supervise, teach and play with children to ensure that their needs are met. Exhibit mature judgment, maintain confidentiality and handle emergency situations. CPR and First Aid certified.
• Ability to design, plan, organize, and implement educational activities and programs to cater to the development of individual children
• Excellent knowledge of meeting the physical needs of babies and toddlers
• Working knowledge of providing emotional support to distressed kids
• Exceptional acumen to handle emergency situations engendered by emotional disturbances
• Ability to provide continuous affection and security
• Excellent communication skills (English and Spanish)
• Exceptional ability to work calmly in a stressful situation
• Genuine passion for children
• Proven ability to adhere to appropriate limits and boundaries
• Adept at building professional relationships with parents and coworkers
Children’s Home Society, Cumberland, RI (Feb 2017 – Present)
Child Care Aide
• Interact with children in a positive manner
• Supervise children and engage them in age appropriate activities
• Design and implement behavior modification techniques
• Ensure cleanliness of the premises
• Take measures to prevent accidents
• Escort children to activities and appointments as instructed
*Private Capacity* – Rainier, OR (Oct 2016 – Jan 2017)
• Provided care to three children aged 10 years, 7 years and 6 months
• Changed diapers and assisted in bathing
• Cooked food based on individual nutritional needs of the children
• Ensured cleanliness of the house
• Escorted children to play dates and doctors’ appointments
COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL, Cumberland, RI | 2015
High School Diploma
Last updated on