Sous Chefs spend most of their time in managing the kitchen’s foodstuff and production processes.
They participate in the preparation, flavor making and cooking of food, supervise kitchen workers, and perform all other responsibilities as directed by the managers.
A successful sous chef will be accountable for creating valuable working relationships with clients and team members at the same time as training and directing the team towards providing exceptional client and customer dining services.
The following sous chef resume sample contains important sections and information which potential employers want to see.
If you think there is additional information an employer wants to make a hiring decision (and you cannot include it in a sous chef cover letter), you should make a new section on your resume to showcase that information.
This sample is a well-formatted document which will persuade the potential employer to call you for an interview.
Related: Sous Chef Cover Letter
Sous Chef Resume Sample
37th Example Avenue, Berkeley, CA 65239
❖❖ SOUS CHEF ❖❖
Committed to delivering excellence in culinary service.
11+ years’ progressively responsible experience in managing kitchen operations and supervising staff. Demonstrated ability to prepare hygienic and delicious food following a prescribed menu, recipes, and techniques. Well versed in assigning responsibilities to the culinary team. Known for setting deadlines ensuring the timely completion of work.
• Able to create and maintain excellent rapport with the patrons and co-workers.
• Competent at preparing and organizing banquet as well as restaurant meals.
• Good communication organizational and management skills
• High level of personal hygiene
• Bilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish
• Ability to resolve conflicts efficiently
• Attention to detail – Ability to quickly discover and solve problems
ABC RESTAURANT – Berkeley, CA | July 2010 – Present
• Assisted and supported the executive chef in routine and specific tasks
• Ensured customers are served well-on-time and effectively
• Helped with the planning of menus and meals
• Maintained high food quality and presentation
• Supervised the preparation and service of food
• Rotated products to avoid spoilage
• Handled concerns in the kitchen
• Trained and oversaw kitchen workforce on recipe procedures, preparation and cleaning duties
• Assisted the sales and cuisine team
• Monitored food expenditure
• Performed product inventory
• Helped executive chef to pick and train kitchen personnel
• Assisted cooks in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of different foods in the restaurant and banquets
Assistant Sous Chef
MARRIOTT – Moines, IA | Dec 2006 – July 2010
• Provided guidance and support to all kitchen staff
• Ensured that all food served is appropriately arranged and met quality standards
• Assured that kitchen work is completed within the timelines
• Gave instructions to cooking workers on fine points of cooking
• Maintained hygiene standards of kitchen and equipment
• Directed and instructed kitchen personnel in their tasks
• Prepared individual orders when requested
• Ensured food preparation procedures for quality, uniformity, and accurateness
• Reviewed delivered product and ensured appropriate storage
• Observed employees engaged in portioning, preparing, and garnishing foods
• Ensured the defined methods of cooking and garnishing
Associate of Arts in Culinary Arts
BERKELEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Berkeley, CA – 2005
Serve Safe Certification