A qualifications or skills section of a cashier resume shows to the prospective employer that you are an excellent match to their requirements.
It is a precise list of your transferable skills that will be of value to the employer.
This section gives a perfect start to your resume.
Almost 80% of hiring managers prefer Summary of Qualifications and skills section at the beginning of the resume.
Below is a sample bullet list of qualifications for a Cashier Resume.
Feel free to use 5 to 6 relevant statements either in ‘Summary of Qualifications’ or ‘Skills’ section of your resume.
See also: Cashier Skills & Qualifications
Cashier Resume Skills and Qualifications
• Customer Service: Highly skilled in providing prompt and friendly service to internal and external customers.
• Cash Handling: Profound ability to collect payments, operate a cash register and maintain the cash drawer.
• Transaction Processing: Well versed in performing cash and credit/debit/gift card transactions, and giving and receiving change.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to accurately scan and bag all merchandise.
• Able to maintain a clean, neat, and correctly stocked check-out counter as well as the work area.
• Familiar with gift cards, traveler’s checks, food stamps, cash, checks, processing coupons, and refunds.
• Demonstrated ability to balance all transactions run through the assigned register, including layaway payments, checks, register receipts, currency, and credit card.
• Proven record of processing the exact and timely sale and return transactions.
• Able to maintain knowledge of product description and current location.
• Dedicated and meticulous; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficient in answering the telephone.
• Performing light housekeeping tasks.
• Outstanding work ethic and integrity.
• Willing to learn new technology and software applications.
• Known to follow safety and security procedures of the company.
• Neat, clean, and very professional appearance.
• Particularly effective in maintaining the confidentiality of records and data.
• Able to protect company assets using sound judgment and vigilant eye.
• Documented success in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others.
• Work collaboratively to attain and exceed the company’s goals.
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Portuguese.
• Computer: Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Physical Dexterity: Able to move, lift, and carry heavy objects.