A caregiver resume is a 1-page marketing tool that sells the relevant qualifications of an applicant to the employer. If written with care, this document can bring many caregiver interviews – and jobs consequently.
In order to write a professional resume for a caregiver position, take a look at the following tips, and a sample caregiver resume.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Child Caregiver?
- Keep it to-the-point, short and concise
- Use simple words
- Start your resume either with a summary or child caregiver objective statement.
- Tailor your resume to suit the needs of the employer. You can do that by viewing the child-caregiver job description provided by the employer.
- Highlight some of your accomplishments as a caregiver.
- Be honest. That is to say, don’t overstate your skills and abilities.
- Double-check your email address and contact information
- Proofread at least 3 times before sending it
The above-mentioned points must be remembered in order to craft an excellent resume for a caregiver.
Child Caregiver Resume Sample
14 Deep Springs Ave, Vaughan, ON F4V 3C8
OBJECTIVE (See: Caregiver Resume Objectives)
Friendly, cheerful, and dependable Caregiver, seeking a challenging position with AA Company utilizing great compassion and kind nature to make a real difference in the lives of individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND STRENGTHS (See: Caregiver Qualifications)
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in caregiving arena
- Able to provide detailed and accurate care to children
- Competent at caring for children as well as older adults
- Thorough understanding of state health and safety practices
- Hands-on experience in housekeeping and nutritious meals preparation
St. Louis Caregiving Agency, – Toronto, ON
2016 – Present
- Control children and provide them with ongoing care
- Prepare infants and kids for rest periods
- Organize healthy activities for children such as games and outings
- Bathe, dress and bottle-feed infants
- Discipline children in keeping with the methods requested by the parents
- Maintain the record of day-to-day activities and health information of children
Mrs. Smith’s Family, Mississauga, ON
2013 – 2016
- Prepared and served healthy meals to children
- Helped children with developing good eating habits
- Sterilized bottles, made formulas and changed diapers for infants
- Washed, ironed and pressed clothes and linens
- Performed light maintenance and cleaning duties
- Traveled with family on trips and helped in cleaning tasks
Private Capacity – Vaughan, ON
2010 – 2013
- Took charge of and cared for children in the absence of the regular caregiver
- Bathed, dressed and fed infants and children between ages 3 and 5
- Performed light housekeeping duties and plan meals for children in line with parents instructions
- Prepared formulas and change diapers for infants
- Organized activities, games, and outings to give enjoyment and exercise
CPR and First Aid
First Aid: American Red Cross
ABC School, Vaughan, ON – 2005
- Proven ability to communicate information in an accurate and customer-friendly way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and careful – high level of correctness and attention to detail
- Fluent in English, French, and Chinese
- Skilled in computers including MS Word and Excel
Excellent professional references available
Note: This resume or CV is useful for caregivers of all countries, including the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and South Africa. Feel free to modify this template as per job requirements.