Live-in caregivers work 24/7 at private households where they are responsible for taking care of children, disabled or elderly clients.
They need to provide the clients with the assistance in errands, meal preparation, bathing and dressing and the like.
A live-in caregiver resume is an integral part of your job application set. It helps you get an interview. That’s why you will need to create the best resume to apply for a live-in caregiver job.
See the sample below to get started.
Related: Live-in Caregiver Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Live-In Caregiver
652 Atlantic Avenue – Peterborough, ON D5S 1C1
(000) 401-4543 | [Email]
Live-in Caregiver (Child and Elderly Care)
Talented and light-hearted Live-in Caregiver with 8 years of extensive experience in providing exceptional care to children and elderly clients in the comfort and safety of their own home. Long-term interest in bringing relief and quality of life for clients and their families. Helps clients to maintain their dignity and physical independence.
• Excellent child-care, elderly care and household management skills
• Able to maintain a healthy environment within the home
• Demonstrated tendency to support the emotional well-being of clients
• Known for dealing with clients, staff, and the general public with courtesy and respect
• Computer: MS Word and MS Excel
CHILD CARE EXPERTISE
Bathing • Dressing • Feeding • Formulas Preparation • Diapers changing
ELDERLY CARE EXPERTISE
Personal hygiene • Ambulation • Eating assistance • Dressing • Shaving • ADLs
Child Caregiver | AAA AGENCY, Toronto, ON | May 2012 – Present
• Organize and take part in activities for instance games, crafts, reading and outings to give enjoyment and exercise.
• Take kids to and from school and to doctor appointments.
• Watch over children and arrange reports for home care or babysitting agency.
• Discipline children in keeping with the methods requested by the parents.
• Prepare and serve meals to children.
• Perform light housekeeping and laundry duties.
• Keep records of activities and health information of every child.
• Oversee children’s activities, meals and rest periods as demanded by the employer.
• Instruct children in private hygiene and social development.
Elderly Caregiver | RIGHT AT HOME, Toronto, ON | Jun 2009 – May 2012
• Provided personal hygiene (Dressing, bathing, grooming, feeding, and toileting).
• Assisted clients with activities of daily living and provided fun companionship.
• Transferred and lifted clients.
• Escorted at doctor appointments, social interaction, and events.
• Carried out grocery shopping, errands.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Training Program in Child Care – 2008
First Aid and CPR – 2007
Diploma: Toronto High School, Toronto, ON – 2005
Exemplary professional references available from parents and agencies.
Last updated on