A cover letter for a live-in caregiver position is a great marketing tool. For this reason, it must be written as per the exact requirements of the employer.
Where your Live-In Caregiver Resume is brief and standardized, your cover letter should be fully customized.
You might have one or two standard resumes, but you will require to customize your letter per needs of the prospective employer.
Employers usually spend less than 15 seconds to scan a candidate’s written communication. Therefore, make sure that you quickly grab their attention through a carefully-crafted compelling cover letter.
See also: Live-In Caregiver Resume Sample
Sample Live-in Caregiver Cover Letter To Family
88 6th Street
Oshawa, ON S6D 9Z9
August 5, 2020
Mr. John Doe
10 River Heights Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5C 1V6
Re: Live-in Caregiver (Job ID: 61199)
Dear Mr. Doe:
Your Live-in Caregiver position demands the skills, experience, and work ethic that I have developed as a babysitter through my previous jobs. A recent high school graduate with a particular focus on child development, I am eager to leverage my childcare experience and compassionate nature to contribute to the development and growth of your children.
Based on my understanding of your requirements, here are some aspects of my background that seem most relevant to meet your needs:
- Highly skilled in early childhood development gained through education and babysitting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to bathe, dress and nourish infants and children.
- Competent at managing emotional well-being, personal hygiene, and social growth of children.
- Hands-on experience in educating children and helping them with homework.
- Able to organize formulas and change diapers for infants.
- Track record of managing children’s activities, meals, and rest periods.
As you seek a candidate who can adapt your family norms and contribute to your different social activities, I hope you will consider my credentials. My attached resume will work as an illustration of my caregiving background and achievements.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.