Caregivers provide in-home care to children or elderly clients. Their duties include but not limited to personal care, cleaning, and assisting clients in the activities of everyday living.
Any individual who wants to work as a caregiver needs to build a compelling resume in order to apply for an advertised job.
In fact, writing a great caregiver resume is an important step in your job search journey.
The following tips and a caregiver sample resume will help you in building a resume that best highlights your skills, experience, as well as qualifications.
How to Write a Winning Resume for a Caregiver Position? 8 Tips
- Start your resume with a compelling headline.
- Divide your resume into different sections.
- Use bullet points under each section to make it easy-to-read.
- Include a profile or a summary statement that clearly highlights your goals.
- Relate your caregiving skills and qualifications to the job description provided by the employer.
- Write your experiences in reverse chronological order (latest experience first).
- Include your educational and license information.
- Close your resume with a personalized branding statement.
Caregiver Resume Sample
699 Rosedale Street, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
☏ (000) 857-8545
Warm, loving, and caring – provides comfort and safety to clients round the clock.
Driven and compassionate Caregiver with 12+ years’ proven track record in providing care to children, elderly, and disabled. Hardworking and honest, known to provide companionship to the elderly while performing light housekeeping tasks and running errands. Certified by the Canadian Red Cross in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
CORE CAREGIVING SKILLS
• Toileting Assistance
• Personal Hygiene
• Medication Reminders
• Meal Preparation
• Alzheimer Care
• Client Grooming
NJ Caregiving Services, Edmonton, AB
- Assist clients with grooming, hair, nails and oral care to help them live a dignified life
- Transfer clients to and from the bed while ensuring a comfortable move
- Monitor vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration
- Provide proper skincare to avoid bed sores
- Maintain sanitation standards of the client’s house
- Wash tableware and all kitchen’s utensils
- Maintain a specialized image of the company and show commitment to individual care
ABC Company, Calgary, AB
- Assisted clients with bathing and maintaining personal hygiene
- Encouraged activities following the client’s needs and capabilities
- Washed and dried clothes
- Helped clients in feeding and toileting
- Documented and recorded care in suitable forms
- Reported unexpected changes in the client’s physical, mental or emotional health to the family and agency
- Made the bed and changed the linens
Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB – 2012
Current Driver’s License with automobile insurance
- Able to handle emergency and unforeseen situations efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and convincing power
- Ability to handle the hostile behavior of clients
- Computer: MS Word and Excel
- Great attention to detail
“I am committed to caring for seniors and children, and their property with dignity and respect.”
Superior professional references available
Caregiver Skills and Keywords for Resume
Use the following keywords in a caregiver resume in order to make it more effective.
✓ Personal Care
✓ Personal hygiene
✓ Medication Reminders
✓ Assist with feeding
✓ Meal Preparation
✓ Pressure Reduction