If you love caring for others, obtaining a position as a caregiver will be a perfect choice for you. Caregivers are accountable for looking after elderly or children at the home of the employer.
In order to get a job as a caregiver, you need to build an attractive resume that is tailored specifically as per requirements of a particular employer.
Caregiver Resume Guidelines
● Start your resume with a good objective or profile statement indicating at least three of your talents.
● Mention your qualifications and core competences which will be helpful for you to perform this job efficiently.
● List your work experiences and/or accomplishments in reverse chronological order.
● If you do not have any relevant experience in hand then you may include honorary, internship or summer position which might have some relevance to this position.
Below is a sample caregiver resume which contains relevant sections and a bullet list under each heading. Use this free sample as a template to build your own resume. Pay close attention to the resume sections and layout and the ways that might capture the reader’s attention.
See also: Caregiver Resume Sample
Caregiver Resume Template
|347 Stella Lane • Bend, OR 56888
(004) 541-4151 • oliver @ email . com
Poised to outperform at a private household or a healthcare facility. Repeating record of achievements with clients of different socio-economic backgrounds.
Compassionate and results-driven Caregiver with 9 years’ progressive experience in personal care arena. Strong commitment to deliver top-quality support to elderly clients as well as children. A successful communicator who has a profound ability to build and maintain professional relationships with clients. Exceeded clients’ expectations and consistently enhanced their quality of life by instilling self help skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Companionship||● Errands Running||● Personal Care|
|● Housekeeping||● Toilet/Bath Assistance||● Catheter Care|
|● Meal Preparation||● Feeding||● Exercising Assistance|
|● ACLS Certification||● Medicine Administration||● Current Driver’s License|
• Provide quality companionship to clients all day long and assist them in hygiene maintenance and daily living tasks.
• Accompany clients to hospitals and constantly communicate their condition and progress to family and concerned doctor.
• Anticipate client’s daily needs and handle them appropriately.
• Maintain client confidentiality and privacy protocols.
• Create and maintain active communication channels with the client’s family and physician.
• Initiated table games club at the facility which enhanced inter- resident communication immensely augmenting the overall quality of life.
• Attained 100% client satisfaction within initial 2 months of work.
• Identified early symptoms of stroke in a client, provided basic life support and timely shifted her to the hospital thus saving her life.
• Maintained the allotted floors in neat and clean condition.
• Cleaned, scrubbed, dusted, carried out laundry and maintenance tasks.
• Performed light cooking and kitchen assistance activities.
• Attained the ‘Most Committed Employee Award’ twice during tenure.
• Facilitated the renovation of a 16 room residential facility by working singlehandedly within a fortnight’s time.
• Fixed a chandelier with loose hangings effectively saving the client from replacement and extra repair cost.
High School Diploma | City School, Bend, OR – 2007
Strong professional references available
Last updated on