Thinking of working as a barista? Wait. Read what we have to say first.
There is a dire need to write your resume summary properly if you want to obtain a job as a barista.
This section on your resume will set you apart from the rest of the crowd, that is, the candidate pool.
In your summary for a barista resume, focus on your ability to create different blends of coffees and teas. Customers depend highly on baristas to make their drinks according to specifications, and you don’t want to disappoint them.
Ensuring that a barista resume summary highlights your knowledge of making the best blends, according to recipes is important.
A resume summary for a barista position must include the many reasons that the candidate must be chosen for the role.
Since baristas also ensure that customers get food fixes along with their drinks, it is imperative to emphasize your food preparation skills as well.
Remember that the summary will decide if the hiring manager will read the rest of the resume or not. And you have to make a conscious effort to make sure that interest is built in you as a candidate.
See also: Barista Resume Objectives
Looking for summary samples for a barista resume? Here are a few to get you started:
Barista Resume Summary Examples
1. Top-performing Batista with over 5 years of experience in creating and serving coffee and tea blends to customers in busy cafes. Highly efficient in taking and processing orders in accordance with specifications and customers’ requirements. Deeply familiar with handling stocking and inventory management systems.
2. Highly skilled barista, with extensive exposure to working in a coffee shop environment. Demonstrated expertise in developing new coffee blends, as well as making coffees according to specified instructions. Deeply familiar with suggesting food items to complement coffees and other drinks.
3. 5+ years of a solid track record in taking orders for coffees and other drinks, and suggesting complementing food items such as sandwiches and salads. Well-versed in providing customers with product details related to ingredients and preparation.
4. Seasoned Barista with exceptional talents in making coffee blends in accordance with set recipes. Customer service-oriented individual, with a solid track record of ensuring repeat business. Competent in overseeing and managing coffee shop supplies inventory and stocking tasks.
5. Skilled Barista possessing 10 years of experience of working in a coffee shop environment. Exceptional competent in taking and preparing orders for coffees, teas, and other drinks. Unmatched ability to create exotic coffee blends while remaining within customers’ specifications. Highly qualified to handle a large influx of customers while maintaining the quality of food and service.