Working in a restaurant or coffee shop requires exceptional hospitality and customer service skills. To let the prospective employer know that you have the right qualifications as a barista, you will have to place them on your resume strategically.
The qualifications section in a barista resume is given a lot of attention by employers who are looking to hire the right person. The absence of a qualifications section may hurt your candidacy. Do not take this risk and pay particular attention to them.
Why qualifications are important to mention?
Because you cannot perform a job well if you lacks the required qualifications.
Are qualifications more important than experience?
You cannot compare qualifications with experiences. They are both important in their way. Work experiences are a must-have in resumes – everyone supplies this information. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about qualifications statements. People often forget to include a qualifications section that is equally important.
Here is a list of qualifications for a barista position that you may want to look through to determine how you can write them on a barista resume:
10 Qualifications to Include in a Barista Resume
- Hands-on experience in coffee grinding and brewing following set recipes and standards
- Highly skilled in anticipating the customers’ needs for coffee and food items and fulfilling them in an accurate and immediate fashion
- Proficient in creating special coffee drinks such as lattes, mochas, and cappuccinos
- Adept at operating and maintaining dedicated coffee making and brewing equipment
- Demonstrated ability to determine the difference between coffee beans
- Focused on creating delicious and flavorful combinations of coffee while maintaining the highest quality of coffee blends
- Proven ability to educate customers about different coffee blending methods and providing them with suggestions according to their taste
- Understanding of coffee regions and differences in flavor and blends
- Skilled in maintaining a calm demeanor during periods of high customer volume by ensuring consistent customer service
- Exceptional attention to detail and hand-eye coordination