Bartenders mix and serve beverages in keeping with the procedures and guidelines provided by the employer. They are expected to provide exemplary service to guests by following regulations and policies.
A bartender cover letter is a very important job application document. This document shows the employer that you are enthusiastic to work for them using your skills and qualifications.
In your letter, focus on your beverage mixing and food serving skills. Also, mention your passion to ensure customer satisfaction. The purpose of your cover letter is to get it across to the hiring manager that you are the best out of the lot.
Bartender Cover Letter Writing Tips
- Write a fresh cover letter for each bartending job.
- Address your letter to the hiring manager by name.
- Start using a compelling opening line.
- Highlight only your bartending skills and qualifications. Mention how you can make the most of your qualifications to contribute to the prospective company.
- Close your letter using a proactively.
Take a look at the following 3+ examples to get help in making a compelling cover letter for bartender resume.
Bartender Cover Letter Sample 1
December 3, 2019
Mr. James Billiard
Human Resources Manager
The Main Room
901 Crete Road
San Antonio, TX 74547
Dear Mr. Billiard:
I am excited at the prospect of working at The Main Room as a bartender. It is a treat to see how well-aligned my skills are with your company’s requirements. My experiences and accomplishments speak volumes for my ability to contribute in a service-oriented manner.
Since I have worked as a bartender for 5 years, I am aware of the way to perform all kinds of bar work. My focus has always been customer satisfaction, and I have excelled at it many times. Not too long ago, I provided bartending services to 20+ customers in an hour, during an unprecedented rush hour.
The following skills will help you gauge my suitability for the position:
• Taking and recording food and beverages orders
• Providing customers with information about ingredients and preparation time
• Overseeing timely and efficient services to all patrons
• Mixing drinks to make cocktails and other blends
• Cleaning and maintaining bars in accordance with policies and regulations
• Processing cash and credit card payments
• Tendering change and receipts
Owing to an inherent interest in creating exotic drinks and the ability to ensure patron satisfaction at all times, I am sure that I will be an asset to your restaurant. I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available bartender position.
Bartender Cover Letter Sample 2
51 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 65222
December 3, 2019
Ms. Alina Jones
Senior Manager HR
McCormick & Schmick’s
524 Some West Street
Pittsburgh, PA 61213
Dear Ms. Jones:
As a passionate Bartender who has current TIPS Certification and extensive experience in the hospitality industry, I am eager to leverage my bartending expertise to contribute to your success. I offer excellent communication and customer service skills, a high degree of enthusiasm, and the ability to work independently.
Based on your job description, the following are some highlights of my talents, which uniquely qualifies me:
- Highly skilled in providing exceptional service to guests by mixing and serving beverages.
- Thorough understanding of different kinds of food and beverages and their prices.
- Ability to display drinks attractively.
- Known to maintain the sanitation and safety standards of bar, equipment and work area.
- Competent at entering the orders in point of sale system, charging guests for purchases, and collecting payments and returning change.
The bartending positions I held in the past three years at different bars and hotels have given me many opportunities to develop a strong ability to manage the overall operations of a busy bar.
As an active and resourceful Bartender, I would like to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications complement your needs. I will call you next week to follow-up and arrange an interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration of my job application for a bartender at McCormick & Schmick’s.
Bartender Cover Letter Example 3 (Email Version)
Email Subject: Self-motivated Bartender (Application Letter)
Dear Mr. Mines:
- Are you looking for a results-driven, and confident bartender who is committed to providing exceptional customer service?
- Is your bar needs to boost profits through a significant increase in returning patrons?
If yes, then I am your next Bartender.
I offer vast experience in mixing and serving beverages as well as dealing with people of different backgrounds. Utilizing my strong communication and hospitality skills, I’d be able to increase the revenue of your bar to a new level.
Delivering high-quality customer service and bringing exceptional results is my forte. While I am a team player, I can also work alone to handle rush hours efficiently. My core competencies include:
- Adept at mixing and presenting food and drinks, maintaining inventory and handling cash
- Able to handle angry guests while maintaining the order of bar
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with state rules and regulations
- Talented in prioritizing tasks while working in a busy environment
I’d like to meet with you in an interview to discuss my passion and potential that can help your bar reach new heights of success. Thank you very much for your consideration.