A bar person or staff serves food and beverages in a range of establishments such as clubs, bars, cafe and hotels.
When applying for this position, keep in mind that the work can be fast paced yet enjoyable and people you serve will be different each day.
The following resume along with this Bar Person Covering Letter will give you a quick start in writing your job application.
See also: Bartender CV Sample
32 Example Street, London 3D1 C5S
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Energetic, guest-focused individual seeking a bar person position at Marriott London utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and product knowledge to strengthen bar operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Over 2 years’ hands-on experience in making and serving a wide range of food and beverages
• Friendly personality, neat appearance and a pleasant manner
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to deal with angry customers tactfully
• Special talent for taking and remembering orders
Bar Person | K West Hotel – London | Jan 2014 – Sep 2016
• Served patrons with food and beverages
• Washed glasses and other utensils
• Collected payments and operated the counter
• Stored empty bottles
• Provided snacks, crisps and nuts
• Kept the bar area sanitized and well stocked
• Cleaned tables and the bar
• Introduced new methods of customer service which resulted 30% increase in profits
• Employee of the month – June 2011
B.A. Hospitality, CITY COLLEGE, London – 2013
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Good math and numeracy skills
• Able to work well in a team
• Exceptional sales closure skills
• Proven ability to carry heavy crates, barrels and boxes