A bar person or attendant serve food and beverages in a variety of establishments such as clubs, bars, cafe, and hotels.
When applying for this position, keep in mind that the work can be fast-paced yet enjoyable, and the people you serve will be different each day.
The following resume sample, along with this Bar Person Cover Letter, will give you a quick start in writing your job application.
Related: Bartender Resume Sample
Bar Person CV Example
32 6th Street, London 3D1 C5S
Energetic, guest-focused individual seeking a bar person position at Marriott London, utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and product knowledge to strengthen bar operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Over 7 years of hands-on experience in making and serving a wide range of food and beverages.
- Friendly personality, neat appearance, and pleasant manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to deal with angry customers tactfully.
- Exceptional talent for taking and remembering orders.
K West Hotel – London
Jan 2014 – Present
- Serve patrons with food and beverages
- Wash glasses and other utensils
- Collect payments and operate the counter
- Store empty bottles
- Provide snacks and drinks
- Keep the bar area sanitized and well stocked
- Clean tables and the bar
- Introduced new methods of customer service which resulted in a 30% increase in profits
- Attained the “Employee of the Month” award in April 2022
Portside Grill, Urbanna, VA
May 2012 – Jan 2014
- Provided exceptional customer service
- Took orders, prepared orders efficiently, and built a rapport with clientele
- Managed card and cash transactions
- Maintained a safe environment
- Cleaned the bar and the surrounding area
City College, London – 2013
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Good math and numeracy skills
• Able to work well in a team
• Exceptional sales closure skills
• Proven ability to carry heavy crates, barrels, and boxes
• Unique attention to detail