A good cover letter for a babysitting position can help you make an excellent first impression on prospective employers. In fact, this document increases the chances to get an interview.
Generally speaking, a babysitter cover letter shows your enthusiasm to work for a specific employer while highlighting your childcare skills and experiences.
What to Include in a Babysitter Cover Letter?
Write your cover letter in the following sequence:
- Your name and contact details
- Current date
- The recruiter’s name and company’s address
- A salutation with the recruiter’s last name e.g Dear Mr. Doe:
- A compelling and unique opening statement that grabs attention right away
- A short paragraph on why you’re a perfect candidate for a babysitting job
- A proactive closing paragraph, reinstating your interest in the job and your contact details
- Your name and signature
Babysitter Cover Letter Sample 1
25 North Street, Austin, TX 21447
anna.parker @ email . com
September 14, 2020
Ms. Allison Doe
254 Some SW Street
Austin, TX 27587
Dear Ms. Doe:
Owing to my inborn love for children and hands-on experiences in early childhood development, I am applying for a Babysitter position at Austin Care. My childcare skills, coupled with an enthusiasm to meet and exceed the expectations of the employer, make me the best contender.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I have a successful track record of working with kids and infants of four different families. Through these experiences, I developed exceptional talents in the physical and mental development of children. Also, I polished my communication as well as customer service skills through these experiences.
Specifically, I am very competent in:
- Making and serving snacks and meals
- Preparing formulas
- Bottle-feeding infants
- Bathing, dressing, and toilet-train children
- Preparing children for school and outdoor activities
- Picking and dropping children to and from school
- Helping them with homework
- Organizing leisure activities
- Tidying up bedroom and playroom
- Keeping a vigilant eye on the children’s actions
- Traveling with the family whenever necessary
Furthermore, my exceptional stamina and emotional power to deal with demanding children is commended by employers many times. Not to mention, I live a vigorous smoke-free and drug-free way of life. The attached reference letter is the most compelling evidence of my candidacy.
As a reliable and enthusiastic Babysitter, I would welcome the chance to meet with you in order to discuss my skills in relation to your job description. I will call you next week to follow-up on my job application. Meanwhile, if you need more information about my candidacy, please call me at (000) 253-9449.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cover Letter for a Babysitting Job (Sample 2)
360 Harmony Ave, Atlanta, GA 45822
September 14, 2020
Mr. Johnathan Fielding
93 Fiery Lane
Atlanta, GA 45822
Dear Mr. Fielding:
As an energetic and nurturing childcare professional who has a solid track record of delivering high-quality care to infants and toddlers, I’d like to be considered for Babysitter position at Baby First. My relevant background and accomplishments – as mentioned in the enclosed resume – will be of particular interest to you.
Per your job description, you need an experienced, vigilant and friendly person who has ample knowledge of early childhood development. Keeping your requirements in mind, I’d like to bring the following strengths to Baby First:
- Highly skilled in managing the needs of children of the ages 3 months to 10 years.
- Adept at making formulas and preparing healthy meals and snacks for children.
- Exceptional talent for accompanying children to social visits and assisting them with homework.
- Proven ability to handle upset or disturbed children competently.
- First aid and CPR certified.
Besides that, I am known for maintaining a safe, hygienic, and nurturing environment for children while managing their physical and emotional needs. I am committed to increasing the employer’s 5-star ratings by demonstrating excellent babysitting acumen.
I’ll call your office next Thursday to follow-up and possibly set up an interview date and time. If you require any additional information, please contact me at (003) 444-1202. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
A cover letter for a babysitting job is considered the most challenging component of the whole job application package.
Writing a perfect babysitter cover letter is particularly challenging because it needs to be tailored per requirements of prospective employers.
The above-mentioned 2 babysitter cover letter samples will guide you immensely in this regard.