Babysitters or nannies are usually hired in a personal capacity by parents who may be unable to look after their children due to work commitments. They are also hired by agencies who take their services to work in private homes. Trained specifically for handling children and young adults, babysitters handle many duties. Specific work duties actually depend on the ages of children that they are supposed to provide care for. For instance, a babysitter given the responsibility of an infant or toddler may have to change diapers, engage them in activities and also cook for them and feed them. For older children, babysitters will provide supervision and company during the time that their parents are away.
People who work as babysitters need to have an inherent love for children and a knack for handling them. It may seem that looking after infants is easy but in actuality, infants are the most demanding as they need to be supervised constantly and provided with intense care at all times.
Different babysitters may be expert in handling the needs of children of diverse ages and backgrounds. When writing a babysitter resume, it is important to determine the needs of prospective employer and adapt your profile or performance summary accordingly. A good way to start is by looking at some sample professional profiles.
● Child-focused and energetic Babysitter with 2+ years’ hands-on experience in performing infant and toddler care tasks. Inherent love for children and excellently able to prepare age appropriate food and feed infants according to schedules.
● A caring and nurturing individual with a verifiable track record of teaching and caring for children from infancy to 10 years. Well-versed in preparing children for preschool and assisting older children with homework. Competent at preparing snacks and cooking food in keeping with the nutritional needs of children of different ages.
● Enthusiastic and productive individual with 6+ years of experience working as a Babysitter for toddlers and infants. Demonstrated ability to handle both emotional and educational demands of young minds along with a great talent to respond to emergency situations in a quick and professional manner.
● Mature and efficient Babysitter with a strong background in handling young adults by engaging them in interactive activities and nurturing their creativity and enthusiasm. Considerable experience in fulfilling the nutritional needs of children by cooking appropriate and timely-placed meals. A fun individual who help children perform their homework and creates appropriate activities for them.
● Ambitious Babysitter with a keen ability to provide the best child care based on individual child’s personality, age and circumstances. Especially known for handling young adults with special needs by planning out well-paced educational activities and teaching them social skills. Possess a great sense of humor.