A lobby attendant or usher works in hotels, residential facilities, and office buildings. His or her primary work is to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of these buildings.
The work of a lobby attendant is hard since one has to work on one’s feet all the time.
However, a job well-done can be quite rewarding. As a lobby attendant, your work should be meticulous.
You may be assigned a floor or a level, or you may be asked to clean and maintain the entire premises.
All this will depends on the size of the premises, and your work description.
See also: Lobby Attendant Resume Sample
Lobby Attendant Job Description for Resume
• Check assigned premises in order to determine cleaning and maintenance requirements.
• Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping.
• Vacuum carpets and rugs besides washing and drying them.
• Clean and sanitize surfaces including floors, counters, and table tops.
• Perform polishing work on furniture such as sofas, chairs, desks, and banisters.
• Polish lobby floors and elevators, and report any repair or maintenance issues.
• Check restrooms, hence ensure that they are well-stocked.
• Replenish supplies.
• Arrange cushions properly on sofas.
• Oversee inventory supply levels including soap, cleaning equipment, sanitizers, and mops.
• Keep all lobby areas neat and clean, as well as mark-free.
• Inspect furniture conditions, so as to keep them in good repair.
• Restock supplies in supply rooms, ensuring that they are properly stored.
• Clean and sanitize lobby equipment such as telephones, door handles, and hardware fixtures.
• Maintain security of equipment while keeping it accessible for maintenance staff members.
• Clean pool using nets and cleaning agents, as well as refill them.
• Answer and respond to service calls in an immediate manner.
See also: Lobby Attendant Cover Letter Sample
Lobby Attendant Qualifications
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a lobby attendant. However, previous experience does count.
If you have worked in a custodial position before, you will be considered high for this role.
As a lobby attendant, it will be your job to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
Trash disposal, as well as polishing work, will all be part of your duties. Also, you will be expected to clean and maintain fixtures such as lights and fans.