It might not have occurred to you, but the key to writing a successful cover letter or resume is to make sure that you elicit your skills in them.
In most job application documents, lack of skills leads to them being rejected on many levels. And you don’t want that happening to yours.
The skills section in a resume needs to be profoundly written. When mentioning skills in a cover letter, you have to apt to what the hiring manager is looking for.
The trick is first to find out what type of an individual a hiring manager is looking for, and then write your skills accordingly. By doing this, you are doing no one but yourself a favor. Find out what the position for which you are applying is all about as far as skills are concerned, and then write your skills accordingly.
If it is a cover letter that you are writing, you have to make sure that the entire document praises your abilities to contribute to an organization.
Remember that anything that you write, which is not what the hiring manager wants, will automatically be rejected by prospective employers, who have neither time nor patience to read things that are not relevant.
Have a look at the following skills statements for a car wash attendant position:
Sample Skills for Car Wash Attendant Resume
• Demonstrated skills in engaging customers in conversation to provide them with information on available services.
• Effectively able to determine the needs of each customer, and provide them with the right package, to meet their car wash needs.
• Highly experienced in examining and inspecting cars to determine the type and extent of the car wash and detailing services required.
• Proficient in directing cars onto ramps or automatic car wash tracks, keeping in mind the safety of the vehicle.
• Adept at prepping cars and other vehicles to prepare them for washing and polishing work
• Qualified to operate car wash equipment in a safe and appropriate manner, and perform both preventative and regular maintenance on it.
• Competent in activating wash mechanisms and observe operations to determine and detect equipment malfunctions.
• Proven ability to clean the front and the rear of assigned cars, using brushes, sponges, and detergents.
• Solid track record of effectively and efficiently cleaning and detailing cars from the inside, placing special focus on customers’ requirements.
• Familiar with handling vacuuming and dry cleaning activities, ensuring that the interior is adequately cleaned, and sanitized as instructed.