The primary work of a car wash attendant is to make sure that all the customers coming into the facility are provided with the best of services, as far as car washing is concerned.
Car wash attendants are hired specifically to provide customers with information on available services and to guide their cars into the right places so that they can be prepped and washed.
To be considered eligible for this position, one has to possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent at the very least. In addition to this, some exposure to the work is important, even though many car wash attendants are also hired at the entry-level.
However, if you have some experience, you will be considered a good candidate to hire at this position. Working as a car wash attendant is not too complicated, but since there are customers involved, you have to be careful in handling the many aspects of this work.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute necessity while working at this position, as is the ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with customers.
You might come across instances of customer dissatisfaction, so you have to know exactly how to handle that, without letting the customer move on to the competition.
Some of the prime duties that you will be performing in this regard include:
Car Wash Attendant Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet customers as they arrive at the car wash facility, and provide them with information on available services.
• Acquaint customers with pricing information, and timelines, according to the specific of chosen services.
• Provide customers with guidance regarding what services are required to detail their cars.
• Guide cars onto car wash ramps, or through automatic car washes, ensuring that their safety is kept in mind.
• Prep vehicles for the automatic car wash, by spraying cleaners onto them.
• Perform visual inspections of the condition of each car, to determine how much and what type of cleaning is required.
• Clean the front and the rear of each assigned car from the outside, ensuring that the paint job is not compromised.
• Clean cars from the inside, by using vacuum cleaners, buffers, and cloths, and ensure that polishing work is done properly.
• Provide customers with information on incurred expenses and take and process credit card and cash payments.
• Ascertain that customers’ car logs are properly maintained, ensuring that information of provided services is included.
• Clean and maintain car wash equipment and tools on a regular basis, and in accordance with the policies of the company.