In your resume for loss prevention position, you should emphasize on your skills in monitoring the premises to minimize potential losses. Also, mention on your ability to meet or exceed the loss prevention goals by investigations, training of associates and addressing related issues. Keep the format simple yet attractive.
Below is a very detailed resume sample for Loss Prevention Associate position. Feel free to modify it as per requirements of employer.
Note: Do not forget to send a Loss Prevention Cover Letter along with your resume.
33 Example 8th Street, Turnersville, NJ 65987
Contact #, Email Address
LOSS PREVENTION SPECIALIST
Bringing superb analytical and observation skills to minimize the losses and improve the company’s profitability.
Over 8 years of hands-on experience in directly assisting companies in the safety and protection of their assets and merchandise. Successfully performs surveillance activities through patrolling and video systems. Active and driven, known for making perfect decisions under pressure.
Proficient in detection and apprehension of external thefts, investigating frauds and recovering stolen items. Familiar with New Jersey criminal law and surveillance principles.
• Friendly and courteous demeanor
• Strong report writing skills
• Team player and self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Implemented creative techniques of loss prevention – Reduced internal and external theft by 30%
• [Other achievements here]
Burlington Store – Turnersville, NJ | Jul 2011 – Present
Loss Prevention Specialist
• Detect and apprehend shoplifters
• Perform camera surveillance
• Respond to all calls of urgent situation in the store
• Open and close the store
• Detect and investigate fraudulent workers
• Provide physical security
• Carry out operational audits
• Enforce stock protection standards
• Conduct consciousness training
The TJX Companies, Inc. – Fort Lauderdale, FL | May 2009 – Jul 2011
Loss Prevention Agent
• Patrolled the store and stood at assigned locations
• Detected and deterred individuals involved in deceitful or illegal activities
• Monitored closed circuit television systems
• Ensured programs to prevent and detect internal theft are followed
• Assisted store with investigations
• Oversaw store shortage committees for meeting compliance and efficiency
• Reviewed loss prevention exception reports
Diploma: ST ANDREW’S HIGH SCHOOL,Fort Lauderdale, FL – 2009
Specialized courses in modern loss prevention strategies
• EyeLine Video Surveillance Software
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook