A resume for the program assistant position is a marketing tool instead of a complete autobiography of the applicant. It must be remembered that you are selling your skills and abilities to a potential employer.
To be successful, you should showcase your skills, achievements, and qualifications that relate directly to the program assistant position.
Your resume should be written with great care and deliberation in the year 2021. It needs to be targeted towards the needs of the employer to whom you are submitting your job application.
Also, it should include exact descriptions that give the reader an accurate picture of your objective, skills, qualifications, accomplishments, and capabilities.
See the example below to get ideas on how to write a perfect program assistant resume in the year 2021.
2021 Program Assistant Resume Example
25 Hospital Street, Washington DC 65214
• Over 7 years’ experience as a program assistant.
• Demonstrated capability of recording minutes of meetings and keeping files up to date.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheets.
• In-depth knowledge of different database programs.
• Well versed in handling multi-line telephone systems and other office equipment.
• Highly skilled in building relationships with internal and external customers
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor
• Strong customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Able to maintain good relations with co-workers, clients, and management
ACHIEVEMENTS AS A PROGRAM ASSISTANT
• As a program assistant, initiated a new system of data entry that reduced turnaround time by 30%
• Awarded a significant pay bonus for completing burdensome administrative tasks
• Received an appreciation letter upon prompt completion of the assignment
District Public Schools – Washington, DC
May 2014 – Present
• Receive phone calls, visitors, and guests to the office.
• Record and compile minutes of meetings
• Create presentations, graphs, tables charts, and memos
• Respond to and help in resolving various inquiries
• Schedule and organize meetings, conferences, and appointments.
• Research particular issues and report findings
• Evaluate, record, and distribute mail, faxes, and other correspondences.
• Track development of continuing internal projects
• Build relationships and communicate with various internal departments to get information and join forces on projects
• Make use of a variety of computer programs to track data
The University of Minnesota – Saint Paul, MN
Jan 2010 – May 2014
• Assembled name tags, and materials for conferences and classes
• Made necessary arrangements for delivery of materials
• Performed photocopying, scanning, and errands
• Assisted with inventory and supplies
• Made table tents
• Researched on the internet
Associate of Science in Management
Saint Paul College, Saint Paul, MN
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Profound ability to maintain confidential information
• Able to work a flexible schedule; evenings and weekends
Program Assistant Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
The primary duty of a program assistant is to give support to a particular program. S/he reports to a program manager and assists in implementing the program and providing clerical support.
Program Assistants offer both program-related and administrative support. Duties might be divided into many areas.
Program-related support includes assisting students and personnel, coordinating events and conferences, researching funding sources, assisting in scholarly research, and helping arrange presentations.
Administrative support might comprise maintaining databases, managing online resources, compiling meeting minutes, keeping files up to date, overseeing employees’ calendars, booking tour arrangements, and processing expenditure.
Scope of Position
Program assistants are employed in a range of settings such as schools, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and private companies.
Applicants interested in becoming program managers or directors usually start their career as a program assistant to gain the necessary experience in their relevant field.