A Resume for a Program Assistant position is a marketing tool rather than a complete autobiographical summary. You are marketing your skills and abilities to a potential employer. To be successful, you should showcase those skills, achievements, and qualifications that relate directly to the Program Assistant position.
Your Resume should be written with great care and deliberation, and needs to be targeted towards the exact employer to whom you are submitting your job application. It should include exact descriptions that give the reader a concrete picture of your objective, skills, qualifications, accomplishments and capabilities. Therefore, an effective resume along with a well-written program assistant cover letter must be edited for every job to which you apply.
Program Assistant Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
The main duty of a program assistant is to give support to a particular program. S/he generally reports to a program manager and assists in implementing the program and providing clerical support.
Program Assistants offer both programmatic and administrative support. Duties might be divided into a number of areas. Programmatic support includes assisting students and personnel, coordinate events and conferences, researching funding sources, assisting in scholarship research and helping arrange presentations. Administrative support might comprise maintaining databases, managing online resources, compiling meeting minutes, keeping files up to date, managing employees’ calendars, booking tour arrangements and processing expenditure.
Scope of Position
Program assistants are employed by a range of settings such as schools, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and private companies. Applicants interested in becoming program managers or directors usually start their career as a program assistant to gain required experience in their relevant field.
Program Assistant Resume Sample
25 Example Street, Washington DC 65214
[Contact #], [Email Address]
Seeking a Program Assistant position with ABC Company utilizing strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 2 years’ experience as a program assistant
• Demonstrated capability of recording meeting minutes and keeping files up to date
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheets
• In-depth knowledge of different database programs
• Well versed in handling multi-line telephone systems and other office equipment
• Highly skilled in building relationships with internal and external customers
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor
• Strong customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Able to maintain good relationships with co-workers, clients and management
• As program assistant, initiated new system of data entry that reduced turnaround time by 30%
• Awarded considerable pay bonus for completing difficult administrative tasks
• Received an appreciation letter upon prompt completion of the assignment
District of Columbia Public Schools – Washington, DC | May 2010 – Present
• Receive phone calls, visitors and guests to the office
• Record and compile minutes of meetings
• Create presentations, graphs, tables charts, , and memos
• Respond to and help in resolving various inquiries
• Schedule and organize meetings, conferences and appointments
• Research particular issues and report findings
• Evaluate, record and distribute mail, faxes, and other correspondences
• Track development of continuing internal projects
• Build relationships and communicate with various internal departments to get information and join forces on projects
• Make use of a variety of computer programs to track data
University of Minnesota – Saint Paul, MN | Jan 2010 – May 2010
Junior Program Assistant
• Assembled name tags, and materials for conferences and classes
• Made necessary arrangements for delivery of materials
• Performed photocopying, scanning, and errands
• Assisted with inventory and supplies
• Made table tents
• Researched on the internet
Associate in Office Management ● Saint Paul College, Saint Paul, MN – 2010
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Profound ability to maintain confidential information
• Able to work a flexible schedule; evenings and weekends