Community Assistants usually work in an academic setting. They are required to facilitate growth (personal and academic) in resident students by being a role model for them.
This is a challenging job which is why community assistants are screened carefully before they are hired.
If you are looking for a position as a community assistant, you need to create an effective resume for this position.
The following resume for Community Assistant job is designed to help you craft a resume and grab the attention of employer.
Community Assistant Resume Sample
691 Yellowstone Road, Cheyenne, WY 12309
(009) 974-4449, Email
• Over six years’ experience as a Community Assistant
• Highly skilled in providing students with an environment highly conducive to learning
• Hands on experience in mediating conflicts
• In depth knowledge of the importance of maintaining regular contact with resident students
• Proficient in promoting and demonstrating respect for all students
• Computer – MS Office Suite and MS Project, able to learn new software quickly
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Organized seven sponsored programs for students in order to encourage student participation in community programs
• Built a series of orientation programs for new students in order to orchestrate smooth induction
Broadward College – Cheyenne, WY Aug 2012 – Present
• Assist new students with adjustment issues
• Encourage student participation in university programs
• Support the goals and expectations of the university mission statement
• Remain available to resident students all day
Broadward College – Cheyenne, WY June 2006 – Aug 2012
• Provided a positive role model for students
• Utilized feedback to improve performance
• Helped students regarding social, personal and academic concerns
• Assisted students in mediating conflicts
Diploma: Cheyenne High School – Cheyenne, WY | 2005
• Ability to understand basic instructions
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Exceptional ability to work under pressure
• Able to meet tight deadlines