There is no way that you can write a resume for a telephone technician position if you are not aware of the work.
And there is absolutely no way that you can tell a hiring manager that you know the work unless you write a resume that says it all!
When you attempt to write a resume for a telephone technician position, you should focus on the positives.
Essentially, your resume should highlight your knowledge of setting up and repairing telecommunications systems, both standalone, and on a network.
See also: telephone technician cover letter
A resume sample for a telephone technician position is provided here for your reference:
Telephone Technician Resume Sample
100 Land Road, Westerly, RI29904
Telephone technician, with 8+ years of experience in setting up, installing, and maintaining complex telephone systems in both commercial and residential capacities. Well-versed in studying customers’ orders, and ensuring that they are followed accurately.
|Voice and Data Networks|
- Implemented complex telecommunications systems, which had been in limbo for many weeks.
- Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance, as a result, decreased downtime by 85%.
- Devised a unique troubleshooting system, hence, reduced troubleshooting time by 50%.
- Singlehandedly managed a complicated circuit testing, in the absence of other technicians.
Unlimited Service Inc., Westerly, RI | 2013 – Present
• Inspect sites where telecommunication systems have to be installed.
• Provide customers with information on specifics regarding designs and implementation.
• Acquire approvals from customers.
• Obtain tools, resources, supplies, and equipment in order to begin telephone setting up systems.
• Set up complex and simple telephone systems, such as PABX, and standalone telephones.
• Design and implement systems according to specific instructions.
• Respond to inquiries regarding problems and issues, and ensure that they are looked into immediately.
• Troubleshoot telephone systems, and provide customers with alternatives.
• Log information regarding installations and maintenance.
Voice and Data Systems, Westerly, RI | 2011-2013
• Conducted site surveys under supervision.
• Installed and tested telephone systems in residences and commercial buildings.
• Assisted in laying down wires and setting up routers.
• Performed grounding work.
• Created and maintained termination records associated with different accounts.
High School Diploma
Westerly High School, Westerly, RI