A medical front office resume should begin with a solid summary to project the individual’s knowledge of working at the frontend of a busy medical office.
Skills pertaining to the first contact, and other tier-1 services should be highlighted in your resume summary statement.
You must also focus on your knowledge of handling scheduling and follow-up work when you write your resume summary.
It is important to note that your medical front office resume summary has to be short but informative. What you can do in terms of greeting customers, answering telephones, and facilitating patient flow.
Also, your capability of responding to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner is important to focus on.
In addition, your know-how of keeping medical office supplies adequately stocked, by anticipating inventory needs should be emphasized in your resume summary.
Here are some examples of medical front office resume summaries:
Medical Front Office Summary for Resume
1. Highly efficient medical front office manager with over 10 years’ experience in handling front desk operations including scheduling and follow-up. Highly knowledgeable about serving patients by greeting them, maintaining records, and optimizing patients’ satisfaction and provider time. Competent in comforting patients by anticipating their anxieties, and calming them down as needed.
2. Exceptionally talented medical front office representative, boasting 7+ years of experience. Unmatched ability to attending to patients in person, and over the telephone. Competent in maintaining business inventory such as checking supplies, and scheduling appointments. Able to liaise between medical departments, exercising discretion and professionalism. Well-versed in processing payments, and ensuring well-placed insurance follow-up.
3. Medical front office professional offering expertise in coordinating and organizing appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of a busy facility. Proven ability to inform patients of medical office procedures and policies. Adept at maintaining and managing patient records. Skilled in collecting and processing co-pays and payments, in accordance with company protocols.
4. Resourceful, organized, and competent individual, with a solid track record of effectively handling the frontend of a busy medical facility. Knowledgeable about collecting and collating patient information, overseeing office supplies and equipment inventory. Deeply familiar with preparing examination rooms, and ensuring proper sanitizing and cleaning of patient areas. Well-placed skills in assisting doctors in responding to correspondence, including email and letters.
5. Self-motivated medical front office clerk with in-depth knowledge of creating a welcoming atmosphere for patients and families. Expert in keeping medical staff abreast of scheduling, patient details, and potential service issues. Hands-on experience in scheduling testing and procedures, and responding to medical emergencies.