As the designation suggests, a fast food cook works in hospitality settings in order to prepare and cook fast food items.
This includes making pizzas, sandwiches, fries, burgers, Paninis, and main entrees such as steaks.
The work of a fast food cook is simple when one talks about it. But in actuality, making sure that each item is properly prepared and cooked is tricky.
Fast Food Cook Qualifications
Typically, a fast food cooks require a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. A degree
in culinary arts will be a plus point.
Moreover, they need some experience in the fast food industry, as they will need minimal training in that case.
Working as a fast food cook means that you will be on the go at all times, and you will have to work in extreme temperatures as well.
Similarly, it is important that you possess the knowledge of food safety and hygiene.
Furthermore, it is important for fast food cooks to ensure the cleanliness of their workplace.
Fast Food Cook Job Description for Resume
• Take and comprehend orders for fast food items such as pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches.
• Refer to recipes in order to prepare items in accordance with specified instructions.
• Cook burger patties and sandwich meats by grilling or frying them.
• Place meats and other ingredients in buns and bread.
• Place toppings such as vegetables, sauces, and cheeses in accordance with set recipes.
• Cut and place French fries in the fryer, and take them out and drain them before serving them.
• Make salads to be served as side orders.
• Decorate plates and platters by arranging food and side orders on them in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
• Ensure the proper cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen areas on a regular basis.
• Oversee the inventory of food supplies, and communicate low stock situations to the kitchen manager.
• Rotate food items in a timely manner in order to keep them fresh for longer.
Last updated on