An excavator operator should write a resume to present their professional profile, even if there is a lack of experience. The fact that you are a viable candidate for the job should be made obvious on the resume. If you have no experience, focus on your skills and training as an excavator operator.
Knowledge of operating excavators and other heavy equipment in a safe manner must be highlighted in your resume.
Also, you should also focus on your competency in performing daily maintenance and safety tasks and checks.
The idea is to convince the hiring manager to give you an opportunity to further prove yourself as an excavator operator.
A resume sample for an excavator operator with no experience is provided below for your guidance:
Excavator Operator Resume No Experience
85 7th Avenue NE, Allentown, PA49702
Passionate Excavator Operator with excellent ability to operate and maintain excavators, hoes, and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Skilled in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment, and working with ground personnel in the execution and installation of pipe laying and other processes.
Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in Old Westbury – 2019
84 coursework hours
High School Diploma
Allentown High School, Allentown, PA – 2010
Wagman Heavy Work Inc., Allentown, PA
Dec 2019 – Feb 2020
• Inspected excavators at the beginning of each shift to ensure proper working order
• Operated hoes and excavators according to instructions
• Performed space clearing work
• Responded to signals and directions to position excavators
• Operated heavy equipment manually
• Removed dirt from building areas
• Unloaded excavators in appropriate areas
• Coordinated with workers and laborers in order to determine to dig sites
• Assisted crew members in digging trenches and ditches
• Started engines, and moved throttles and switches
• Performed minor repairs on equipment
• Signaled trucks and other vehicles to help reach dig areas safely
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Equipment Operations • Paperwork Management
• Safety Regulations • Preventative Maintenance
• Machine Repair • Trench Work
• Pipe Rigging • Codes of Ethics
• Volunteered services as a hospital attendant at a local cardiac hospital for 3 months
• Spearheaded a team of volunteers for Mission Clean Allentown in January 2020