Skilled computer support specialists make it big in the job world.
But, in order to tell the hiring manager that you are a skilled individual, you must fill in the skills section properly. Here, you get a chance to talk about your information technology skills at great length.
The problem with most skills statements is that they do not say what the hiring manager needs to hear.
For instance, a computer support specialist should highlight his or her skills pertaining to installing and maintaining software and hardware. But how does one say that he or she is the best without sounding over the top?
There are several ways to do this.
Firstly, you need to have a skills list in front of you. Then, you need to match it with the hiring manager’s requirements. After that, you can gel the two together, and attempt to come up with something solid.
Some skills statements that a computer support specialist can use on his or her resume are provided below:
Related: Computer Support Specialist Resume
Computer Support Specialist Skills for Resume
• Adept at installing hardware components, and software on different types of systems
• Demonstrated ability to configure systems in order to make them workable for users
• Ability to analyze structural requirements, and procedures used in systems development
• Knowledge of coordinating the development of computer job specifications for specific users
• Effectively able to provide direction and support to staff in order to ensure departmental efficacy
• Documented success in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues, ensuring minimum downtime
• Proficient in documenting problem details and communicate through ticketing systems
• Familiar with deploying new peripheral hardware, such as printers, copiers, and card readers
• Qualified to monitor daily backups and virus protection systems
• Proven ability to successfully interact and team with information technology members
• Solid track record of effectively applying technical expertise with external sources to develop and implement technical solutions
• Hands-on experience in accurately tracking assets supported by end-user services
• In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting and coordinating helpdesk activities for network services
• Expert in monitoring network operations for error notifications, and setting commands for proper system operations
• Deeply familiar with responding to client inquiries concerning systems operations and diagnosis
• Unmatched ability to provide diagnostic reports and recommendations for corrective actions
• Able to maintain records of daily communication transactions, problems, and remedial actions
• Knowledge of developing training materials and manuals to train users, and assisting them with walkthroughs