A data entry analyst can be hired across many industries. They are required to translate numbers into plain English, as layman language goes.
Their main work is to ensure that all data, including sales figures, market research, and logistics are properly managed into the system, and that all punched in data is accurate and complete.
Working as data entry analyst means that you have to possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a business or technology discipline. Previous job experience in a similar capacity will go a long way in making you a good contender to hire at this position.
Moreover, you will be expected to possess exceptional organizational and analytic skills, apart from a great ability to multitask efficiently. Also, it will be expected that you possess strong knowledge of reporting packages, and technical expertise pertaining to data models, and database design.
The ability to disseminate significant amounts of information with great attention to detail and accuracy is also required if you want a career in data analytics.
Most employers of data analysts require that you have a strong background in handling data entry and analysis work, which is why mostly, experienced people are hired at this position. If this is the work that you want to peruse in the future, you must look through the following list of duties particular to this work:
Job Description for Data Entry Analyst Resume
• Analyze and interpret data, using a variety of statistical techniques, concentrating on the accuracy of information.
• Check all entered data to ensure that it is both accurate and complete.
• Develop and implement core strategies for database handling, data collection systems, and data analytics.
• Acquire information from both primary and secondary sources, and maintain data systems.
• Identify and analyze trends and patterns in complex data sets, and create spaces for saving data confidentially.
• Filter data by reviewing computer reports, and performance indicators, in a bid to locate and correct coding problems.
• Manipulate information to create specialized reports, according to the instructions of requesters.
• Complete daily system balancing, and reconcile data reports and results.
• Provide assistance in preparing source data for entry purposes, and process documents by reviewing data.
• Transfer information from paper form into digital form, in predefined database systems.
• Ascertain that all data entries are properly inputted, and that any errors or discrepancies are corrected immediately.
• Perform statistical analysis, filter and sort data, and calculate both mean and standard deviations, or measure correlations.