The skills section for a home health aide resume enables you to mention your specific training and education or outline the qualities that would be advantageous for the prospective employer.
This section of Home Health Aide Resume can also be called as Strengths, Qualifications, Profile, or Capabilities.
In this section, you will be able to grab the hiring manager’s interest through mentioning of your transferable skills.
These skills can be gained through paid or unpaid work experience and education while keeping in mind the specific needs of the employer and characteristics of the HHA position.
See also: Home Health Aide Cover Letter
Sample Skills for Home Health Aide Resume
• Demonstrated ability to assist clients with activities of daily living so that they can work independently in their homes.
• Well versed in light housekeeping and meal preparation.
• Competent at maintaining proper infection control measures following standard infection control guidelines.
• A self-directed individual who can work with little or no direct supervision.
• Recognized for taking appropriate steps for client safety and comfort.
• Demonstrated tact, patience, and excellent personal hygiene.
• Able to create detailed and accurate written reports and provide the same to the agency.
• Exceptional talent for assisting clients with transportation and ambulation.
• Ability to read and follow written instructions and care documents.
• Hands-on experience in the submission of clinical records, visit notes, and time summaries.
• Excellent patient care and customer service skills.
• Professional appearance and ability to comply with the agency dress code.
• Proven ability to communicate clinical information in an accurate and friendly manner.
• Profound ability to communicate well with managers and co-workers.
• Dedicated and careful with a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• Bilingual: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Skilled in MS Office Suite, including Excel spreadsheets and databases.