Home Health Aide Resume Writing Tips
An ideal resume template for Home Health Aide (HHA) position consists of a summary statement followed by core competencies, achievement-focused experience section, and education information.
It is imperative to remember only one target in your mind when you build your resume. That is to say, to obtain an interview.
Put yourself in employer’s shoes after reading the advertisement carefully and think – “what skills would I like to see in the perfect candidate”?
The following is a sample resume template for a home health aide for your guidance.
Home Health Aide Resume Template
Joanna Nelson, CNA
HOME HEALTH AIDE
Compassionate and devoted Home Health Aide with 13+ years’ track record of success in assisting clients in the activities of daily living. Highly skilled in preparing clinical notes, administering prescribed medication, and providing personal care. Recognized as a friendly individual who is able to relate to clients from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
• Current driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
• Federally certified HHA
• Ability to lift heavy weights
• Multilingual: English, French, and Spanish
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Needs assessment
• Privacy maintenance
• Infection control
• Hygiene and Grooming
• Ambulatory care
|• Emergency protocols
• Vital Signs Monitoring
• Catheter care
• Meal preparation
Home Health Aide
Comfort Keepers, Irvine, CA
2017 – Present
• Handle a client in an emergency situation, applying first aid and CPR before the ambulance reached.
• Educate patients and families regarding their health, hygiene, and nutrition-based needs.
• Provide companionship, bedside care, and ambulatory assistance.
• Helped clients with personal hygiene, feeding, and daily living tasks.
• Communicate with the doctor and family regularly regarding the client’s condition.
• Administer daily prescribed medication and maintain records.
VITAS, Irvine, CA
2012 – 2017
• Built rapport with a highly depressed client who had a mood disorder. Revived 30% of the client’s physical activities successfully.
• Assisted the client in walking, feeding, dressing, and grooming.
• Provided high-quality companionship.
• Reported changes in the patient’s condition
• Recorded patients’ progress and dietary intake.
• Conducted light housekeeping tasks.
California State Certified Nursing Assistant
Graduated in 2004
St. Patrick High School, Irvine, CA
“I am a compassionate nursing professional who has a natural ability to handle clients of different backgrounds.”
- Home Health Aide Interview
- Home Health Aide Cover Letter
- HHA Resume No Experience
- HHA Cover Letter No Experience