An ideal resume template for Home Health Aide (HHA) position consists of a performance summary followed by core competencies, an achievement-focused experience section, and education information.
It is imperative to keep one target in your mind as you build your resume. That is to say, to obtain an interview.
Put yourself in employer’s shoes after reading the advertisement carefully and think – “what skills would I like to see in the perfect candidate”?
The following is a home health aide resume template for your guidance.
Home Health Aide Resume Template
Joanna Nelson, CNA
|499 Olympus Lane|
Irvine, CA 92602
|email@example.com||(006) 333-2222 – Cellular|
(000) 666-9999 – Home
HOME HEALTH AIDE
Compassionate and devoted Home Health Aide with 13+ years’ track record of success assisting clients in activities of daily living. Highly skilled in preparing clinical notes, administering prescribed medication and providing personal care. Efficiently reports changes in the patient’s condition and records patient progress and dietary intake. Recognized as a friendly individual who is able to relate to clients from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
• Current driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
• Federally certified HHA
• Ability to lift heavy weight
• Multilingual: English, French, and Spanish
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Needs assessment||• Emergency protocols||• Meal preparation|
|• Privacy maintenance||• Vital Signs Monitoring||• Transportation|
|• Infection control||• Catheter care||• Ambulatory care|
|• Hygiene and Grooming||• Medication||• Nutrition|
Comfort Keepers, Irvine, CA
Home Health Aide | 2010 – Present
• Handle a client in an emergency situation, applying first aid and CPR while the ambulance reached.
• Educate patients and families regarding their health condition and relevance of hygiene and selective nutrition based on research.
• Provide bedside care and assist with personal hygiene, feeding and daily living tasks.
• Communicate with the doctor and family regularly regarding client condition.
• Administer daily prescribed medication and maintain records.
VITAS, Irvine, CA
Caregiver | 2005 – 2010
• Built rapport with a highly depressed client with a mood disorder and revived 30% of the client’s physical activity successfully.
• Assisted the client in walking, feeding, dressing, and grooming.
• Provided high-quality companionship.
• Conducted light housekeeping tasks.
California State Certified Nursing Assistant
Graduated in 2004
St. Patrick High School, Irvine, CA
“I am a compassionate nursing professional who has a natural ability to handle clients of different backgrounds.”
See also: Home Health Aide Interview