If you want to impress a prospective employer enough to grant you an interview, you have to create a resume that suits their needs primarily.
The following sample resume for the service advisor position will help you build a targeted resume.
Service Advisor Resume Sample
460 Bayshore Drive
Tampa, FL 78874
ter.trump @ email . com
The dedicated and experienced service advisor, known for quickly and accurately ascertaining automotive problems and providing spot-on solutions. Highly developed sense of responsibility with deep insight into providing high customer services in a bid to ensure repeat business. Prepares repair orders by describing symptoms, causes, and problems discovered, along with required repairs and services. A customer service-oriented individual who builds long-term rapport with clients to generate repeat business.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Visual Inspection • Problem Sensitivity
• Cost Estimation • Service Appointments Scheduling
• Progress Management • Documentation
• Multiple Priorities Handling
• Mechanical Problems Identification
• Complaint Handling • Problem Diagnosis
• Troubleshot a particularly difficult transmission issue with a vehicle, which had gone undiagnosed for over 3 months.
• Implemented a cost estimation process, which automatically made calculations based on provided data pertaining to vehicular problems.
• Retained a miffed corporate customer (mishandled by another service advisor), by providing him with exceptional follow-up services.
• Introduced a customer scheduling system that diminished the chances of overlapping appointments.
Telsa Motors, Tampa, FL
May 2014 – Present
• Confer with customers to determine problems with their vehicles and take notes
• Examine vehicles to determine issues by inspecting and test-driving them
• Answer telephone calls and emails to respond to customers’ queries regarding facilities and services
• Determine if technical solutions can be resolved over the telephone and escalate bigger problems to foremen or services managers
• Figure out vehicular problems and make a list of issues so that cost estimation can be expedited
Toyota City Motors, Tampa, FL
Mar 2006 – May 2014
• Estimated and explained the cost of each procedure, part, or service
• Communicated estimated completion time and followed up with servicemen to ensure that each process is completed on time
• Coordinated delivery or pick-up time between customers and servicemen and ensure timely delivery of the vehicle
• Resolved any issues or complaints on a priority basis
Auto Appearance, Tampa, FL
Jul 2004 – Mar 2006
• Cleaned cars from the inside and outside using designated products such as cleaners and buffers
• Washed cars by hand or guided them through car washes to ensure that their exterior is properly washed
• Polished cars from the outside and inside by following set polishing techniques
• Assisted in tire rotation and pressure maintenance activities and ensured that any problems such as punctures or leaks are communicated to the customer
• Inspected vehicles for damages or problems in a bid to make sure that they are road-worthy
High School Diploma
Community High School, Tampa, FL