All of us depend highly on our abilities to do certain things, yet when the opportunity to show off our skills arises, we forget what we are most proud of. A resume gives us ample opportunity to showcase our skills as they relate to a certain job. Who wouldn’t want to take advantage of this?
The skills section in a resume is highly underrated – unfortunately. Imagine the response that you will get if you fill up this section with solid information of what you are capable of, and how you can use your capabilities to contribute to a company! There should be no hindrance from your end when mentioning skills in your resume – after all, at the end of the day, we all sell our skills in some form or another!
Coming back to the resume, it is important that you highlight your capabilities as they relate to the job for which you are applying. If you are applying for a position that requires you to possess great physical agility, make sure that you mention your physical adeptness. And if you are interested in a job that requires great analytic skills, ensure that your resume highlights your critical thinking skills. When writing the skills part of your resume, always make sure that it is relevant and absolutely clear in what needs to be communicated.
A management assistant will articulate his or her skills in the following manner:
• Ability to provide technical assistance and support to assigned projects in terms of analysis, implementation and monitoring
• Talented to collect and compile data that supports formulation and implementation of departmental policies, goals, missions and procedures
• Highly skilled in coordinating and monitoring the daily operations of assigned program areas and projects
• Deep insight into providing administrative detail work and maintaining appropriate records and statistics
• Exceptionally talented in conducting detailed surveys and performing complex research work in support of assigned project modules
• Competent in compiling materials and assisting in the preparation of reports, manuals and publications to support the project
• Qualified to handle both marketing and public relations programs and prepare and disseminate newsletters and memos
• Adept at directing basic office functions, including technical and functional supervision of team members
• Proficient in preparing budgets and budget recommendations in relation to assigned areas of responsibility
• Familiar with researching past expenditures and projecting future increases and specific trends
• Hands-on experience in determining avenues for grants, writing and submitting grant proposals and providing efficient follow up