Before you start writing a cover letter for office assistant, you should understand its purpose.
It is not meant to be a list of your qualifications as your resume already contains.
An office assistant cover letter must communicate what makes you an ideal candidate for the job. It should reflect your potential and must let the employer know what you offer.
Entry Level Office Assistant Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Your tone should be in tune with the company. Find out about the company before writing your cover letter.
• Increase the strength of your cover letter by adding some personality traits. Let the employers know what kind of person you are to work with.
• Looking right at the first site matters. Choose a professional letter format and uniquely start your letter.
• Highlight the qualifications which the employer has asked for in the advertisement; show relevance.
The following office assistant cover letter sample will guide entry-level candidates how to write a cover letter for an office assistant with no experience.
Entry Level Office Assistant Cover Letter (No Experience)
July 19, 2019
Mr. Harry Guilford
65 Orchid Lane
Omaha, NE 54220
Dear Mr. Guilford:
Are you looking for a committed office assistant who is:
• Outgoing, self-motivated and detail oriented.
• Willing to accept ownership in carrying out new and diverse office assistance requests.
• Able to maintain daily office operations efficiently.
If yes, then I am the perfect contender.
Having recently graduated from the City College of Arts, I offer my services as a proactive and talented individual. Being in possession of exceptional communication and interactive skills, I am well versed in taking instructions and following them to book.
I am equipped with ample analytical skills to proactively judge the office needs and carry out necessary maintenance tasks actively. My formal training in office assistance has taught me a lot about general office assistance tasks thus rendering me an ideal candidate for the opening. I bring expertise in sorting and forwarding correspondence, front desk handling, task scheduling, replenishing office supplies timely, assisting in staff meetings and carrying out operation and maintenance of office equipment.
I’ll be able to work better when I know my employer’s expectations better. I would like to see you in person to establish and elaborate on how exactly I intend to utilize my skills and office assistance knowledge to the benefit of Olsson Enterprises. I shall call you next week to obtain a suitable interview date and time. Should you need to talk earlier, my digits are (006) 444-5555.
Thank you for your time and consideration.