An accounts payable clerk’s resume objective has to be strong in order for him or her to bag the job.
It is important to highlight your skills and competencies when writing a resume objective.
This part of the resume provides you with very little opportunity to make a mark. Since it is a short snippet, you cannot write too much. However, a good choice of words and phrases will do the trick.
As an accounts payable clerk, your skills will lie in your knowledge of accounting work, particularly payments.
It is this part of your skills that you need to highlight in your resume objective. Since a resume objective gets read immediately after a hiring authority picks up the document, it is imperative to make it a strong one.
Where resume objectives for accounts payable clerks are concerned, information regarding completing payments and controlling expenses is important.
Your ability to process and verify accounts payable entries, and reconcile invoices must also be highlighted.
See also: Accounts Payable Cover Letter
Some examples of objectives for an accounts payable resume are provided below:
Accounts Payable Resume Objective Examples
• Looking for a position as an Accounts Payable Clerk, offering exceptional skills in reconciling entries, charging expenses to accounts, and handling payment vendors. Highly competent in maintaining accounting ledgers, and posting account transactions.
• Seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk position at Paul Stuart Co. Proficient in keeping track of all payments and expenditures, and purchase orders. Ability to reconcile processes work through verification of entries, and comparison of systems.
• Desire an Accounts Payable Clerk position at Sysco. Offering demonstrated expertise in assembling, reviewing, and verifying invoices and check requests. Deeply familiar with setting up invoices for payments, and tracking expenses according to set standards.
• To obtain an Accounts Payable Clerk position. Skilled in posting transactions to journals, and preparing outgoing payments. Special talent for processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• To work as an Accounts Payable Clerk at Science Interactive Group. Expert in reviewing invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approvals. Ability to verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices and discounts.
• Top performing Accounts Payable Clerk with 5+ years of solid track record. Presently seeking a position at Park Hotel and Resorts, providing the benefit of extensive knowledge of calculating and posting business transactions, processing invoices, and verifying financial data.