All types of organizations hire accounting clerks to handle their bookkeeping needs.
When employers go through resumes for this position, they look for people who have successfully portrayed their knowledge of managing accounting procedures proactively and ethically.
Accounting clerks maintain accounting records of a company by performing many accounting duties such as reconciliation and data entry.
They are also responsible for creating essential accounting reports and compile and sort invoices and checks. Since accounting clerks work with figures throughout the day, they are expected to be thorough in what they do – checking and rechecking their work is a given for anyone working at this position.
If you are in the process of responding to an advertisement for the position of an accounting clerk, you may find the following resume sample helpful when writing your resume. Have a look!
Accounting Clerk Resume Sample (With Accomplishments)
100 Some Street ● Pueblo, CO 80211 ● Cellular: (000) 999-9999 ● [Email]
★ ACCOUNTING CLERK ★
Accounts Management – Process Improvement
Audit for Smooth Departmental Functioning
• 7+ years’ dedicated experience working as an accounting clerk.
• Accomplished professional with in-depth knowledge of providing accounting support in an accurate and time-efficient manner.
• Hands on experience in providing reconciliation services to smooth out the company’s accounting.
• Proven record of following established policies and protocols to complete certain financial transactions.
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• 10 key, M&I data entry, and general ledger system
• Payroll and accounting software
• Revamped the manual accounting system of the company by introducing accounting databases and software.
• Trained accounting personnel in the use of newly added accounting software.
• Formulated daily worksheets for easy transaction recording purposes thereby reducing verification time.
• Managed payments from seven delinquent accounts following solicitation efforts.
Co Star Group, Pueblo, CO | Mar 2008 – Present
• Maintain accounting records.
• Reconcile bank statements and post charges.
• Manage accounting databases and verify financial reports.
• Ensure that accounts receivable and payable are efficiently managed.
• Determine values of depreciable assets and prepare appropriate reports.
• Ensure that invoices are matched to work orders.
• Arrange for bank deposits and withdrawals.
• Record all business transactions into the database.
ABC Company, Pueblo, CO | Jan 2006 – Mar 2008
Junior Accounting Associate
• Reviewed and managed accounts receivables and payables.
• Processed bills for payment.
• Opened mail and matched invoices with payments.
• Paid bills and ordered office supplies.
• Contacted delinquent account holders and accepted payments.
Associate of Science in Accounting ● City College, Pueblo, CO ● 2005
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Accurate attention to detail
• Excellent work ethics and neat appearance