Despite having an exceptional resume, applicants for staff accountant position often ruin chances of the interview due to a poorly written cover letter.
Employers usually ask for cover letters; however, even if they have not specifically demanded one, you should add a cover letter to every staff accountant job application.
Below are some guidelines that may help you write an effective cover letter.
– Nothing beats a strong opening when it comes to staff accountant cover letter writing. Remember, a cover letter is your chance of creating a favorable first impression.
– Address the employer’s needs right in the beginning and convince them of your viability as a candidate.
Take a look at the sample cover letter for staff accountant resume.
Staff Accountant Cover Letter Example
July 19, 2019
Mr. Harold James
44 Felix Sq
Atlanta, GA 56009
Dear Mr. James:
I am writing to express my interest in the Staff Accountant position at Selene Finance. As dedicated accountancy professional with extensive experience in handling staff account issues, I feel confident that I am the best contender.
The following are some of my many qualifications:
• 4+ years’ experience in accounts payable with coding and allocation of departmental expenses
• Proficient in budget variance reporting, schedule exhibit preparation and financial reporting
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Handles multiple tasks simultaneously in a performance-driven environment
• Competent in maintaining vendor information and setting up new vendor accounts
Moreover, I am talented in managing credit liability with client agencies, processing accounts receivable adjustments and reconciling staff and customer accounts.
I am convinced that I possess the right combination of skills and experience to contribute to Selene Finance. In order to discuss this further, I will appreciate a one-on-one meeting. Please feel free to call me if you have any queries regarding my background. I will contact your secretary after five days to follow-up.
Thank you for your time and consideration.