A company’s finance department requires the services of many individuals. Each one has his or her own work charted out, and each contributor is important. The position of an accounting clerk is one such important role in a company.
Accounting clerks handle many aspects of a company’s financial transactions such as compiling invoices, verifying business transactions and maintaining account records. This is a position of very high responsibility as it revolves around managing money.
They also perform complex activities such as calculating interests on loans and managing account statements. Apart from this, they even manage accounts receivables and payables and banking and auditing duties.
If you are looking for a career as an accounting clerk, the following resume objective examples could help you write a better objective statement on your resume:
Accounting Clerk Resume Objectives Examples
• Highly experienced accounting professional with 11+ years’ successful track record in handling diverse accounting issues in a fast-paced environment. Seeking an Accounting Clerk position to make the most of the pertinent skills and expertise.
• Dedicated, analytical-minded accounting professional eager to work for with AFS as an Accounting Clerk. Bringing a combination of accounting education and experience aimed at meeting the company’s financial management aims.
• To obtain employment as an Accounting Clerk with Maclean Fogg. Offering analytic thinking along with the ability to perform accounting and finance tasks with minimal supervision. 8+ years’ hands-on experience in ERP systems and other complex accounts management and financial transactions software.
Entry Level Candidates
• Self-motivated and energetic individual, looking for a position as an Accounting Clerk with Tampa Times. Offering proficiency in handling bookkeeping activities with a high level of accuracy and discretion along with manual dexterity required to manage data entry tasks.
• Looking for a position as an Accounting Clerk with Hilton Hotels and Resorts utilizing knowledge of handling bookkeeping activities in accordance to the company’s protocols and procedures.
• Seeking a position as an Accounting Clerk with RC Wiley using expertise in handling transaction details and accuracy of accounts by employing organization skills and detail orientation.
Accounting Clerk Career Path and Scope
Accounting clerks do not usually need a degree in finance or accounting as most companies hire high school graduates. However, if you do possess a degree, your chances of moving up the career ladder are quite high. Most accounting clerks are provided with on-the-job training especially in accounting software that the company uses.
They need to be detail-oriented as even a slight slip can lead to huge financial losses. The need to be discreet and trustworthy is critical as a company’s entire financial future is usually dependent on accounting clerks.