Sign Installers set up signs by assembling frames made of iron or steel. They are required to ensure that the structures that they put up are safe and are built according to specifications.
Since this job requires much physical effort, they are require to hold a great physical stamina. They are also expected to possess some basic customer service and communication skills.
If you are thinking to apply for a job as a Sign Installer, you should build a well-formatted resume and cover letter. The following resume sample will provide you with an idea how to make a good resume for a sign installer position.
736 Walker Road ♦ Peabody, MA 26453 ♦ (949) 902-9119 ♦ Email
Summary: Prompt and dexterous Sign Installer with 8-plus-year hands-on experience in putting up exterior, interior, illuminate and non-illuminate sign boards. Well-versed with safety precautions and protocols needed to set up hoardings. Expert in using tools and equipment needed to set up large hoardings. A safety conscious individual who is extremely focused on task completion in a team environment.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Work order confirmation
• Signage loading and transportation
• Installation site preparation and cleanliness
• Safety policies and procedures
• Quality control review
• Business ethics codes
Sign Installer | Daemon Adverts, Peabody, MA | 4/2011 – Present
• Install three hundred human shaped life sized hoardings in three states for Daemon Adverts’ new campaign for promoting an energy drink
• Attain Employee of the Year Award for innovative and apt work processes undertaken in 2009
• Raise, place and set steel an iron girders and columns
• Install signs, metal tanks and buildings
• Interpret blueprint specifications
Sign Installer | Fastsigns, Peabody, MA | 1/2008 – 4/2011
• Connected beams and columns according to blueprints
• Hoisted components with cables and ropes
• Operated work specific tools an equipment
• Welded parts where necessary
Diploma: St. Louis High School, Peabody, MA – 2007
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Ability to work well in a team
• Fabrication knowledge
• Able to lift up to 80lbs
• Comfortable working at heights and closed spaces
• Excellent communication skills