Factory Worker Job Description
The job of a factory worker is complex and contains a number of different tasks. The position of a factory worker depends on the type of factory s/he is working with. The factory worker needs to perform a mixture of functions such as processing, sorting, packing, operating the machines and the like. S/he is also responsible for the production works and control the procedure of making the end products.
Seeking help as you build your factory worker resume? We will guide you through the process.
Factory Worker Resume Tips
• It is best to keep your resume on one page because employers who are short of time don’t bother reading the second page.
• To begin with, place your name in the top center in bold and clear font style. Under it, write your contact details.
• Contact details are followed by a summary; state briefly what you can do and which skills are you offering.
• In the next section, that is of core competencies, you have to mention your core skills preferably in bullets or tabular format.
• Highlight your major accomplishments in the next section. Write about your distinctions, what you have achieved so far and what makes your resume stand out.
• In the experience section, enlist your experiences in reverse chronological order with a brief job description to show what duties you have been performing in previous roles.
• Last but not the least, education section is must for every resume. Format is properly and make sure you get the dates right.
Related: Factory Worker Cover Letter Sample
Factory Worker Resume Sample 1
11 Blooms Ave • New Jersey, NJ 18333 • (008) 444-1111 • daniel @ email . com
Physically dexterous individual eager to perform difficult tasks.
Industrious, dependable and highly-skilled professional with 5+ years’ extensive experience performing manual labor duties. Proven skills in lifting and operating heavy equipment with solid ability to load and unload items/goods from trucks and other heavy vehicles. Well versed in labeling, packing and transporting finished goods. Remarkable communication and interpersonal skills coupled with expertise in inventory management. Bilingual: English, Spanish.
|● Forklift/Pallet Jack||● Quality Control||● Cleaning and Sweeping|
|● Record Keeping||● Communication||● Shipping/Receiving|
|● Batch Feeding||● Raw Materials Processing||● Machines Operation|
|● Preventive Maintenance||● Loading/Unloading||● Labeling and packaging|
✔ Enhanced the finished product quality 50% through vigilant manual scanning at the fifth stage of production and discarding defected products.
✔ Ingeniously fixed a forklift problem saving the company from replacement cost of $30 K.
✔ Attained ‘Best Employee of the year’ award in 2013 at LHT.
LHT FACTORY AND WAREHOUSE, New Jersey, NJ
Factory Worker, 2/2012 to Present
• Maintain inventory and factory items record of arrival and consumption
• Label and pack goods
• Inspect finished goods for quality assurance
• Operate forklift and pallet jack as an when required
ABC FACTORY, New Jersey, NJ
General Duty Worker, 3/2010 to 1/2012
• Maintained factory work stations by sweeping, mopping and cleaning
• Worked on assigned production cycle component as instructed
• Helped in stocking shelves after closing time
• Kept record of daily transactions
SUPERIOR HIGH SCHOOL, New Jersey, NJ, 2009
High School Diploma
Factory Worker Resume Sample 2 (Entry Level / Less Experienced)
69 Example Street, Cedar, BC C9V 2C1
(999) 999-9459, smith @ email . com
Objective: Seeking a factory worker position with ABC Factory using exceptional physical abilities, great attention to detail and good communication skills.
Qualifications and Strengths
• Over 3 years’ experience working as a factory worker
• Highly skilled in transporting raw materials, finished products and tools throughout plant physically or by means of powered equipment
• In-depth knowledge of checking and weighing materials and products
• Documented success in labouring and elemental activities
• Able to understand the nature of different manufactured products
• Thorough understanding of sorting, packing, crating materials and products
• Proven ability to assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
• Comprehensive knowledge of cleaning work areas and equipment
Venco Products Ltd. – Cedar, BC | May 2008 – July 2011
• Controlled the whole procedure of production
• Maintained the production unit by appropriate cleaning and sanitizing
• Kept an eye on feeding and running the machines
• Ensured the quality of the end products
• Operated the machines proficiently and checking the product samples
• Introduced a new method of packaging which reduced operation time by 40%
• Employee of the year award – 2010
Education & Certifications
G.E.D., Cedar Municipal School, Cedar, BC, 2005
Fork Lift Certification
Additional Skills and Abilities
• Ability to follow the instructions and execute them appropriately
• Understand the health and safety regulations and work accordingly
• Able to work in shifts and weekends
• Knowledge in the different production machines
References available on request.