Your resume is an essential part of your job search as a waiter or waitress. It is the paper that markets you and your qualifications to a future employer, an invitation for prospective employers to learn regarding your skills and qualifications.
So the qualifications and skills section of any resume is the key part and must be written with a great care.
Following are some sample skills and qualifications for a waitress resume. You may use some of the following statements in your resume.
Waitress Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
• Highly skilled in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
• Thorough understanding of preparing and serving specialty foods at patrons’ tables
• Hands-on experience in setting tables, setting place and placing decorations
• Excellent skills and knowledge in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• In-depth product knowledge of different kinds of food and beverages
• Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff, provide orders to customers, collect funds, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
• Substantial knowledge of accepting credit card payments and working point of sale registers to accurately secure payment and funds control
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accurateness and attention to detail
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and French
• Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Internet