If you like physical work and have a desire to work within a team, Warehouse Worker job could be just right option for you. As a warehouse worker, you will deal with merchandise and products that come into a warehouse or stockroom.
How to become a warehouse worker?
In fact, you do not need any defined qualifications or education to be a warehouse worker. You just need to have basic math and calculation skills, reading and writing ability and a good level of fitness. A relevant experience might be required by some employers. To apply for this job, you will require a resume and Cover Letter for Warehouse Worker.
The following is a good resume example for this position which you may use as a sample when writing your own resume.
Warehouse Worker Resume Sample
356 Reber Avenue ● Waterloo, IA 73634 ● (209) 999-9019 ● Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Warehouse Worker position at Cameron utilizing great physical strength and thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and inventory control.
• Two years of dedicated experience in warehouse setting
• Able to operate forklift and pallet jack
• Highly skilled in receiving incoming material and goods from vendors and suppliers
• Hands-on experience in verifying quality and quantity of materials by checking merchandise against packing list
• In depth knowledge of maintaining inventory records and ensuring identification of damaged goods
|✔ Matching numbers and letters||✔ Staging merchandise for loading|
|✔ Loading and unloading trailers||✔ Sorting and placing merchandise in racks|
|✔ Cleaning work area||✔ Stacking cardboard boxes and pallets|
|✔ Moving materials||✔ Wrapping, boxing and labeling|
|✔ Controlling quality||✔ Maintaining logs|
● Implemented a systematic procedure to assemble product containers and crates
● Promoted from general laborer to warehouse worker within three months of joining at the former position
Core Inc. – Waterloo, IA| April 2011 – Mar 2013
• Received, stored and distributed goods
• Loaded and unloaded shipments
• Performed goods receipts and goods issues
• Coordinated material transfers
• Prepared receiving reports and other paperwork
• Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
• Measured, cut and spooled wire materials
• Verified quantities and items being shipped
• Made deliveries when required
High School Diploma | City School, Waterloo, IA | 2010
• Able to read and write instructions and follow directions
• Excellent ability to lift up to 75lbs
• Exceptional physical dexterity
• Good communication skills
• Experience with RF scanner