If you like physical/manual work and have a desire to work within a team, a warehouse job could be just right option for you. As a warehouse worker, you will deal with merchandise and products that come into a warehouse or stockroom.
How to become a warehouse worker?
In fact, you do not need any defined education or qualifications to be a warehouse worker. You just need to have basic math and calculation skills, reading and writing ability and a good level of fitness. A relevant experience might be required by some employers. To apply for this job, you will require a resume and Cover Letter for Warehouse Worker.
Warehouse Worker Resume Tips
Relevance: The more relevant your resume is, the more effective it will be. Employers like to read resumes that speak to their needs and are tailored to suit a particular job opening.
Layout: Short and well-formatted resumes that are soothing to the eyes are more popular with recruiters. Resumes having jumbled up chunks of text with no white spaces are difficult to read and have little chances of being considered.
The following are two good resume examples for warehouse worker position which you may use as a template when writing your own resume.
356 Reber Avenue ● Waterloo, IA 73634 ● (209) 999-9019 ● Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Warehouse Worker position at Cameron utilizing great physical strength and thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and inventory control.
• Two years of dedicated experience in warehouse settings
• Able to operate forklift and pallet jack
• Highly skilled in receiving incoming material and goods from vendors and suppliers
• Hands-on experience in verifying quality and quantity of materials by checking merchandise against packing list
• In depth knowledge of maintaining inventory records and ensuring identification of damaged goods
|✔ Match numbers and letters||✔ Stage merchandise for loading|
|✔ Load and unload trailers||✔ Sort and place merchandise in racks|
|✔ Work area sanitation||✔ Cardboard boxes and pallets stacking|
|✔ Material handling||✔ Wrapping, boxing and labeling|
|✔ Quality control||✔ Logs maintenance|
● Implemented a systematic procedure to assemble product containers and crates
● Promoted from general laborer to warehouse worker within three months of joining at the former position
Core Inc. – Waterloo, IA| April 2011 – Mar 2013
• Received, stored and distributed goods
• Loaded and unloaded shipments
• Performed goods receipts and goods issues
• Coordinated material transfers
• Prepared receiving reports and other paperwork
• Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
• Measured, cut and spooled wire materials
• Verified quantities and items being shipped
• Made deliveries when required
High School Diploma | City School, Waterloo, IA | 2010
• Able to read and write instructions and follow directions
• Excellent ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Exceptional physical dexterity
• Good communication skills
• Experience with RF scanner
210 Palm Tree Ave • Covington, GA 54222
Consistently delivering on-time results by performing clerical and manual duties.
Dependable and organized professional with concrete experience in all facets of warehouse operations. Shipper and receiver preference compliant with sound ability to follow load building instructions. Track record of taking cost effective initiatives through intelligent source allocation and vigilant order shipment coordination. Excellent eye hand coordination and manual dexterity. Demonstrated ability to read and follow instructions. Load lifting capacity upto 60 lbs.
|– Packet Jack/Forklift||– Document Preparation||– Loading/Unloading|
|– Record Keeping||– Inventory Maintenance||– Merchandise Stocking|
|– Shipment Coordination||– Picking And Packing||– Material Labeling|
|– Material Transportation||– Order Tracking||– OSHA Compliance|
• Enhanced customer satisfaction up till 60% by ensuring hygienic storage conditions and practicing effective quality assurance routines at the time of delivery of merchandise at the warehouse
• Reduced overall warehouse maintenance cost by 40% through implementation of strict inventory controls
• Earned the ‘most dedicated employee’ title in 2013
HB FULLER, Covington, GA
Warehouse Worker, 8/2012 to Present
• Stock and label merchandise in an organized manner
• Pick, pack and dispatch goods as per order
• Keep track of available material through inventories
DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, Covington, GA
Material Handler, 4/2010 to 7/2012
• Loaded and unloaded trucks while handling merchandise safely
• Kept inventories for material received and dispatched
• Ensured proper storage conditions at the warehouse
ST. MICHAEL’S SCHOOL, Covington, GA, 2010
High School Diploma
• MS Word and Excel
• Warehouse Management System (WMS)