There are a number of positions inside a warehouse setting and the skills needed to perform a job are interrelated to each other. From a forklift driver to a manager, everyone will need a special and unified set of skills to be able to perform well inside a warehouse.
Here we will discuss a general skills set that is required for people working in a warehouse setting. While the following list of skills seems more relevant to warehouse workers, attendants, associates and technicians – in fact these skills need to be taken into account by all levels of the hierarchy within a warehouse.
Sample Skills for a Warehouse Resume
You can use 4 to 5 from these skills statements, as it is, for the skills or qualifications section of your resume.
• Demonstrated ability to organize merchandise efficiently
• Ability to understand goods retrieval system
• Good customer orientation and ability to deal with complaints
• Able to operate a pallet jack and fork lift
• Proven ability to stand for long hours
• Ability to lift and move heavy weights
• Good understanding of blueprints and drawings
• Strong mathematical skills
• Thorough understanding of properly handling hazardous material
• Excellent understanding of safety precautions and procedures
• Ability to use pneumatic ladders
• Good understanding of log and document maintenance
• Excellent understanding of basic computer operations
A warehouse personnel manager ensures that all of the above are present in an employee before hiring him. Warehouse managers are responsible for ensuring that all operations of the facility are managed effectively by utilizing available space and managing staff. People working in a warehouse need to ensure that they have the ability to apply theoretical knowledge in practical contexts along with working effectively in group situations. Above all, warehouse personnel are required to study and understand safety protocols in order to be able to work in a safe environment.