There are a number of positions available inside a warehouse setting and the skills needed to perform a job are interrelated to each other. From a forklift driver to a manager, everyone will need a special and unified set of skills to be able to perform well inside a warehouse.
Here we will discuss a general skills set that is required for people working in a warehouse setting. While the following list of skills seems more relevant to warehouse workers, attendants, associates and technicians – in fact these skills need to be taken into account by all levels of the hierarchy within a warehouse.
You can use 4 to 5 from these skills statements for skills or qualifications section of your resume.
• Demonstrated ability to organize merchandise efficiently
• Thorough understanding of goods retrieval system
• Good customer orientation with a strong ability to deal effectively with complaints
• Able to operate a pallet jack and fork lift
• Proven ability to stand and work continually for long hours
• Physically dexterous to lift and move heavy objects and load/unload delivery trucks
• Good understanding of blueprints and drawings
• Strong mathematical skills
• Adept at handling hazardous material properly
• Special talent for following warehouse safety precautions and procedures
• Ability to use pneumatic ladders
• Well versed in creating logs and maintaining documents
• Skilled in basic computer operations including warehouse software and MS Word,Excel
• Eager to perform housekeeping tasks for the work area
• Track record of maintaining the security of the warehouse