Forklift drivers and operators move goods from one point to another usually within a warehouse. The position demands extraordinary vigilance and alertness. An ideal resume for the position must reflect the above mentioned qualities in addition to the employer’s demanded skills.
The key to building a winning resume for forklift driver is to customize your resume per employer’s requirements. It is advisable to showcase only those skills that interest the employer. Preferred skills and qualifications for the position also vary so it is very crucial to go through the job requirements in detail and take notes as you read through.
The following resume sample for forklift driver position will provide you with a clear idea how to build your own resume.
71 Zachary Sq | Syracuse, NY 56334
Cell: (044) 333-3333 | Res: (003) 666-5555 | thomas . green @ email . com
PROFILE: High-energy forklift driver with hands-on experience in diverse warehouse environments. Skilled in pallet building, inventory management and secure merchandise relocation. Well versed in merchandise placement and inventory maintenance. Exceptional eye-hand coordination.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE
• Valid forklift operation license
• Track record of handling merchandise in a safe manner
• Proficient in loading and unloading shipments
• Adept at forklift equipment maintenance
• Excellent communication skills; ability to take and follow instructions appropriately
Forklift Driver | Sure Winner Foods, Syracuse, NY | October 2011-Present
• Drive and operate different kinds of forklifts
• Build, store and displace pallets of merchandise
• Perform goods loading and unloading tasks on platform
• Maintain displaced merchandise inventory
• Coordinate effectively with truck drivers and shipment providers on daily basis
• Scan and pallet-pack products before moving and relocating as per instructions
• Maintain forklift equipment in operational and updated condition at all times
• Trained 10 new forklift operators in fork lifting operation, driving and maintenance
• Implemented a unique system of pre and post fork lifting inspections to ensure damage free movement all merchandise
Warehouse Intern | Americold, Syracuse, NY | Summer 2011
• Stacked all goods in designated places safely
• Built pallets and moved all merchandise timely when and where required
• Loaded and unbound shipments in huge amounts
• Successfully completed company’s annual forklift operation trainings
G.E.D | City High School, Syracuse, NY | 2011