A waitress is responsible for taking customer’s orders, serving food and beverages and performing other duties as assigned. She usually work at restaurants, taverns, clubs, hotels, bars, banquet halls and private establishments.
The main purpose of a resume for waitress position is to show that you have the right hospitality skills, abilities and experiences essential to be successful in the waiting profession. In fact, your resume for a waitress position is an advertisement for yourself; it is supposed to persuade the reader to invite you for an interview.
Waitress Resume Tips:
• Employers need a proof of your skills. Quantify your accomplishments to show what you are capable of.
• Understand the employer’s requirements and expectations of the waitress position and address the same.
• Find out the culture of the restaurant and the type of guests they serve, express knowledge of the same.
• A wrong email or phone number can ruin it all. Check your contact details again and again to make sure they are updated and accurate.
The following resume samples are specially designed to assist those applicants who are looking for a waitress job.
See also: Waitress Cover Letter for Resume
560 Watson Street • Miami, FL 82321 • (006) 333- 2222 • olivia @ email . com
Record of delivering timely and courteous food service.
Friendly, customer-oriented professional offering 7 years’ firsthand experience in food service and hospitality industry. Highly skilled in guest interaction, menu and food presentation and mixing and serving of beverages as per request. Proven record of enhancing customer satisfaction and overall patrons’ ratio by demonstration of high quality hospitality etiquette. Multilingual: English, Spanish and French.
|– Menu Presentation||– Order Synchronization||– Food Service|
|– Table Setting||– Table Clearing||– Side Work|
|– Beverage Preparation||– Guest Reception||– POS Handling|
|– Bill Processing||– Station Set-up||– Special Items Promotion|
✔ Demonstrated high quality guest dealing etiquette enhancing the guests positive feedback by 30% based on feedback survey.
✔ Enhanced the sales of daily specials and signature dishes by 70% through effective promotion and recommendation of same to guests.
✔ Implemented WHO approved hygiene and sanitation guidelines in the service area.
✔ Earned the ‘best food runner award’ twice
KIMPTON RESTAURANT, Miami, FL
Waitress, 8/2012 to Present
• Explain various dishes on the menu to patrons and make menu recommendations if desired
• Take orders and relayed the same
• Ensure simultaneous preparation of all orders for a single table and serve in professional manner
• Total the meal costs and add taxes for final bill calculation
INTERSTATE RESORT, Miami, FL
Food Runner/Server, 6/ 2007 to 7/ 2010
• Greeted guests, took orders and served the same
• Cleared tables and set them before and after the guests left
• Assisted in kitchen when needed
• Prepared and mixed beverages as required
ST. LAWRENCE HIGH, Miami, FL, 2007
High School Diploma
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
She has a great knowledge of many cuisines and cultural food preferences …
– Jade Thompson, Manager, KIMPTON RESTAURANT, Miami, FL
35 Watson Avenue ● Stafford, VA 62335 ● T: (222) 000-9999 ● E: keira @ email . com
Seeking a position as a Waitress with Athalia’s Seafood utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and ability to provide prompt and courteous service to the patrons in order maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Over 4 years’ solid experience as a waitress and server assistant
• Highly skilled in serving food and beverages to guests and patrons
• In-depth knowledge of standard operating procedures of hotels and resorts
• Well-versed in presenting bill and accepting payment
• Adept at maintaining inventory of beverages and wine glassware
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, present menus, make suggestions and reply questions
• Hands-on experience in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
• Proven record of preparing and serving specialty foods at tables
• Able to assist guests in menu selection, and provide accurate and detailed information
• Proven ability to recommend wines that complement patrons’ meals
Pescatore Restaurant – Stafford, VA May 2011 – Present
• Greet guests and accompany them to their tables
• Present menus and respond any questions regarding menu items
• Serve food and beverages
• Check regularly with guests to make sure that they are enjoying their meals
• Take necessary action to resolve any complaints
• Prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables
• Inform patrons of each day specials
• Describe meal constituents and cooking methods to patrons
• Take dishes and glasses away from tables and counters
• Prepare list of overall meal costs along with sales taxes
• Stock service areas with supplies; coffee, food, tableware, and linens
• Reorganized beverages inventory procedures, shortening process time by 30%
• Trained and coordinated activities of 5 server assistants, whose efforts resulted in raising the profits 40%
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide – New York, NY Jan 2011 – May 2011
• Delivered food to the guests promptly and of the proper temperature
• Deposited dishes properly in the dish room
• Cleaned and set tables to restaurant standards
• Emptied trash containers
• Performed buffet set-up and replenished items
• Stocked bussing stations
• Cleaned stations and swept floors
• Assisted other restaurant personnel and performed room service
• Designed and implemented a new food serving strategy that resulted in 20% increase of sales
NY CITY COLLEGE, New York, NY, 2010
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
• Major: Food Service Strategies