Your resume is an essential part of your job search as a waiter or waitress. It is the document that markets you and your qualifications to a future employer, an invitation for prospective employers to learn regarding your relevant skills and qualifications.
So the qualifications and skills section of any resume is the key part and must be written with a great care.
Following are some sample skills and qualifications for a waitress resume. You may use some of the following statements to build an effective resume.
• Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
• Special talent for learning menu items and describing them appropriately to patrons
• Highly skilled in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
• Adept at preparing and serving speciality foods at patrons’ tables
• Hands-on experience in setting tables and placing decorations
• In-depth product knowledge of different kinds of food and beverages
• Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff, provide orders to customers, collect cash, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
• Substantial knowledge of accepting credit card payments
• Firsthand experience with point of sale system and cash registers
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to detail
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and French
• Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Internet
• Effective team-player with awesome attention to detail
• Dexterous to stand for long periods and lift heavy trays
• Exceptionally professional demeanour and very respectful attitude
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• Familiar with hospitality terminology