Your resume is an essential part of your job search as a waiter or waitress. It is the document that markets you and your qualifications to a prospective employer, an invitation to them to learn about your relevant skills and qualifications.
For this reason, the qualifications and skills section of waitress resume is the key part and must be written with a great care.
Following are some sample skills and qualifications for a waitress resume. You may use some of the following statements to build an effective resume.
• Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, present menus, make food recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
• Special talent for learning menu items and describing them appropriately to patrons
• Highly skilled in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff
• Adept at preparing and serving specialty foods at patrons’ tables
• Hands-on experience in setting tables and placing decorations
• Familiar with different kinds of food and beverages
• Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff, provide orders to customers, collect cash, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
• Competent at accepting credit card payments
• Firsthand experience with point of sale system and cash registers
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to detail
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Internet
• Effective team-player with awesome attention to detail
• Dexterous to stand for long periods and lift heavy trays
• Exceptionally professional demeanor and very respectful attitude
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• Well versed with hospitality terminology