A valet or parking attendant typically welcomes guests, visitors or employees as they enter into the premise. S/he opens vehicle doors, takes keys, gives a slip or ticket and park vehicle in the appropriate space. At departure, the valet obtains ticket and cash, gets back their keys from a booth and hand over the vehicle to owner. Some valets offer additional services such as washing or waxing vehicles. Valets are usually employed by hotels, resorts, restaurants, hospitals and in some parking companies and garages.
Valet Resume Tips
A Valet Resume is a short summary of your knowledge, abilities, skills and experience. It should be as brief as possible – usually 1 to 2 pages. Write your resume using small bullet points rather than long sentences. Your resume must be intended to be skimmed speedily.
Remember, you should tailor your resume and valet cover letter to fit the needs and expectations of prospective employer. To help shape your resume, gather information regarding the prospective organization and its business. Match your skills, training and experience to their desires and expectations.
124 Example Avenue ● St. Louis, MO 25410 ● Contact # ● Email
VALET / PARKING ATTENDANT
Bringing excellent customer service and driving skills to improve the efficiency of parking area.
Professional Summary: 7+ years’ experience in parking and retrieving vehicles courteously, timely and carefully. Current MO driver’s license with good driving record. Speaks professionally and graciously with smile and maintain eye contact with customers. Strong analytical and communication skills and proven team-work qualities.
• Good customer service skills
• Neat and professional appearance
• Professional demeanor and an outgoing personality
• Able to serve guests in friendly manner to ensure positive guest experience
• Demonstrated ability to lift, carry and move packages, luggage or boxes of heavy weights
• Demonstrated ability to read luggage tags and provide claim tickets
• Proven record of using claim tickets to make sure proper delivery of vehicle
• Achieved the employee of the month award – Jan 2013
• Improved the parking operations through effective utilization of parking space
The Westin – St. Louis, MO | 2011 to Present
• Greet guests and employees in a smiling and welcoming manner
• Open and close vehicle doors for guests arriving or departing the premise
• Anticipate guest needs and demonstrate a genuine desire to meet and exceed them
• Respond to all guest and visitor inquiries and resolve complaints accordingly
• Record visitor name and inquire as to the nature of visit
• Inspect the outer body of every vehicle and note any dent on the ticket
Le Meridien – Dallas, TX | 2009 to 2011
• Parked vehicles in selected areas efficiently and safely
• Ensured every vehicle has been locked while in parking
• Kept keys in valet booth
• Assisted with loading of passengers and luggage
• Retrieved all cars, announced guest name and matched claim ticket numbers
• Cleaned the front drive and parking areas
• Offered guests with directions, travel information, and other information
• Assisted disabled and special needs guests
High School Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Dallas, TX – 2008
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Ability to perform cash operations using units of American money
• Able to operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles
• Good mathematical Skills – ability to calculate parking charges manually
• Exceptional attention to detail