Congratulations! You are ready to move into the professional world. Now the major challenge is preparing a resume and cover letter which is ready to confront of current job market? These two documents are influential marketing tools to get your very first job.
It is strongly recommended to submit a cover letter (even if it not required by employer) with the rest of your application materials. It gives you a chance to emphasize your capabilities and most relevant skills and experiences gained through your education, trainings and summer jobs.
The major thing to remember about cover letter for entry level resume with no experience is to keep it brief – usually no more than a single page. Because hiring managers don’t have time to read every cover letter and job application they receive, so they skim letters for required keywords and information.
The following tips will guide you how to write an entry level cover letter to apply for a job.
● Mention a particular job title as it was printed in the ad, and the company’s name as well
● State your desire to work for that specific employer: Why company’s core values and mission has attracted you and how can you contribute to its mission? Demonstrate that you have sufficient information of the company and its business
● Point out your major skills, abilities and strengths that you think make you the most excellent applicant for the job: relate your capabilities with the requirements of the employer
● Ensure that your letter shows how you meet the exact criteria for the job: this could be done through showing your enthusiasm, individual strengths, internships, summer experience, or educational results
● Ask for a meeting or interview; Don’t be reluctant – this shows you have have the ability to take initiative and are keen to get the job
● Make sure your cover letter concentrate on each of the main skills and requirements of the job’s – there’s no use of jargon or taking account of skills that your potential employer is not in the hunt for!
● Use your Cover Letter to support your resume and job application; expand the major points of your resume in your cover letter
● List your most important selling points in bullet form to formulate them easy to understand
● A personal touch will facilitate you stand out from the rest. Shortly explain why you think you would fit in with the business, how much you like the company’s products and services, or the concern you have in the area the business works in.