The pattern, format and trend for writing an effective resume has been changed significantly in current years. Modern resumes need to be planned and not just written. It is amazing how a well written and structured resume can become an asset to the candidate and how a badly written one can ruin a career. Resume samples are available a dime a dozen on the Internet and it is no wonder that people end up customizing the wrong one. A good resume contains the professional information of the Candide in a logical manner.
The following do’s and don’ts that need to be taken into account when writing a resume.
● Do create a clean and professional looking resume with a well balanced format
● Do space the sections so that the resume is readable and explanations are distinguishable from headings
● Do maintain consistency in font style and indentation
● Do begin phrases with action words and use active voice
● Do revisit your resume for spelling and grammar mistakes and typos
● Do not use more than one font type. You may use a different size for headings but never a different type
● Do not use pronouns (my and I are out!)
● Do not include personal information such as social security number, date of birth, spouse’s name etc
● Do not use passive voice – it is so passé!
● Do not include phrases like “references available on request” and never put in your hobbies
Coming up with a resume that will guarantee an interview is hard but there are some tips and tricks that can help you get nearer your goal. While templates are alright as reference points, we do not recommend that you use a pre-build resume template as it depict a candidate’s lack of research. Instead, use a sample that best suits your experience and the job that you are applying for.
In fact, a resume sample can assist you obtain better ideas regarding how to build your own resume specifically for your profession. Whether you are a fresh graduate and just entering the job market or changing your career path, you can find a variety of contemporary resume samples on this website for all occupations and career levels. Keep visiting us to find the best resume examples and templates.