A Physical Therapist Assistant, also known as Physiotherapy assistant and occupational therapy assistant, works under licensed physical therapists and assist them in accomplishing therapy programs such as traction, thermotherapy and hydrotherapy to recover patients with different injuries or disabilities to make best use of their ability to manage daily activities without help.
A Physical Therapist Assistant resume is one to two page summary of your personal, educational, and practical qualifications. If you want to write a good resume, you should keep it concise and select information that supports your job objective and develop your positive image in the mind of the reader. Your resume may get as little as 10 – 20 seconds consideration so ensure that essential information is readily visible.
The following sample resume is designed in a way that gives a good impression in a short period of time. Use this example along with this PTA Cover Letter in order to build a complete job application package.
37 Example Street ● Ironton, OH 65273 ● (000) 856-4342 ● sara @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant position at Intermountain Healthcare utilizing pertinent skills in providing comprehensive and compassionate therapy services.
• Over 5 years’ experience as Physical Therapist Assistant
• Current Ohio’s PTA License
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate with the patients, families, physicians and co-workers regarding the nature of the patient’s problem and treatment plan
• In-depth knowledge of evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests
• Hands-on experience in muscle re-education; gait, ADL, transfer, functional, and prosthetic training
• Thorough understanding of ultraviolet and infrared lamps, whirlpool, contrast baths diathermy, ultrasound, and moist packs
• Highly skilled in assessment, planning and implementation of therapy program
[State your accomplishments here]
WORK EXPERIENCE (See: PTA Resume Job Description)
Encore Rehabilitation Services – Ironton, OH | May 2011 – Present
• Assist the Physical Therapist in implementing the patient’s treatment plan
• Implement treatment plan derived from the interpretation of the assessment
• Document and file all patient related activities
• Administer Physical Therapy Assistant students for the duration of their clinical affiliations
• Monitor compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations
LaVie Rehab – Gatesville, NC | Jan 2010 – May 2011
Physical Therapist Aide
• Helped PT in the treatment of patients
• Took part in patient screenings
• Attended facility meetings
• Documented development toward identified objectives
ABC College, Gatesville, NC – 2009
Associate in Applied Science in Physical Therapist Assistance