A good way to kick start your career in banking profession is to start work as a bank teller. Bank tellers get to know so much about banking that they can eventually be promoted to a managerial position. However, the position of a bank teller is not without its challenges; at the face of it, it may seem that a bank teller’s job is simple but there is so much that a bank teller does in a day.
Bank Teller Tasks
Bank tellers usually serve as a first point of contact in a bank. They greet clients and assist them with deposits and withdrawals along with providing them with information on their accounts and the bank’s products and services. The main task of bank tellers is processing transactions. They also handle many record keeping activities along with performing many specialized tasks such as account handling for special clients and relationship management.
The basic educational background to qualify for the position of a bank teller is a high school diploma. Previous clerical experience may make a difference but is not a requirement.
People who want to pursue a career as bank tellers need to ensure that their resumes are reflective of their talent especially where a resume objective is concerned. Let us have a look at some examples of resumes objectives that you may choose and tweak to your specifications.
Sample Objectives for Bank Teller Resume with No Experience
• Looking for a position as a Bank Teller with the Bank of America using inherent knowledge of interacting with clients and exceptional math skills to provide excellent services aimed at customer satisfaction and retention
• To attain a challenging position as a Bank Teller with JP Morgan. Bringing sound public relations capabilities and strong accounting acumen to assist clients efficiently in a banking environment
• To work as a Bank Teller for Financial Bank of Idaho. Bringing ability to accurately handle cash and manage bank related bookkeeping tasks in a swift and efficient manner
• Seeking a position as a Bank Teller with Indiana Investment Bank. Possess sound knowledge of deposits, withdrawals and foreign currency targeted at providing clients with excellent services
• Desire a Bank Teller position with ABC Credit Union. Offering solid informational background of credit expenditure and utility bill costs along with sound customer service skills
• To obtain a Bank Teller position with Prudential Financial Bank of America employing exceptional abilities to assist clients with basic banking functions