In order to get a job of bank teller, you must have some experience in cash handling and customer service. You should also possess skills in handling deposits efficiently and accurately, verifying and cash checks, currency exchange, cross-selling of bank services, and receiving /delivering / processing of payments. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, team player and utter enthusiasm to quickly learn additional tasks that may be assigned.
Following are some major Skills and Qualifications statements for the position of a bank teller. These phrases might be included in skills, strengths or qualifications section of a Bank Teller Resume.
• Highly skilled in receiving and processing all kinds of banking transactions such as verifying transactions, managing checking and savings account withdrawals and deposits
• Track record of maintaining positive customer feedback by proper handling all transactions in keeping with established procedures
• Known for exercising discretion, judgment, and proposal about transaction problems and inquiries
• Proven record of maintaining, verifying, balancing allocated cash drawer, including proper trial balancing all through the day
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to bank clients
• Demonstrated ability to reply questions regarding bank services and procedures while maintaining excellent standards of customer service
• Proven ability to direct clients and customers to proper staff
• Well versed in recognizing customers’ financial services requirements and cross sell services to meet those requirements
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Dedicated and detail-oriented; high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Computer: MS Word, Excel and Banking software