In order to get a job of bank teller, you must have a minimum of one year’s experience in cash handling and customer service. You should possess demonstrated skills in handling deposits efficiently and accurately , verify and cash checks, currency exchange, cross-selling of additional bank services, and receiving /delivering / processing of payments. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, team player and utter enthusiasm to quickly learn other tasks that may be assigned.
Following are some major Skills and Qualifications statements for the position of a bank teller. These phrases might be included in skills, strengths or qualifications section of a Bank Teller Resume.
Bank Teller Resume Skills, Qualifications and Strengths
• Highly skilled in receiving and processing all banking transactions including; verifying transactions, checking and savings account withdrawals and deposits
• In-depth knowledge of maintaining positive customer relations by means of proper handling of all transactions, in keeping with established procedures
• Hands-on experience in exercising discretion, judgment, and proposal about transaction problems and inquiries
• Proven record of maintaining, verifying, balancing allocated cash drawer, including proper trial balancing all through the day
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to bank clients
• Demonstrated ability reply questions on Bank transaction services and procedures maintaining excellent customer relations constantly
• Proven ability to direct customers to proper staff
• Well versed in recognizing customers’ financial services requirements and cross sell services to meet those requirements
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Dedicated and detailed—high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Russian
• Computer: Skilled in MS Word and Excel and Banking software