Pharmacy Technician Resume Tips:
• An ideal resume for pharmacy technician position does not merely state what you have done. Rather it shows who you are and what you can do.
• It must showcase your skills and potential; don’t make it sound like a recital of your profile features.
• Make bullet points and use strong action words like performed, facilitated, implemented and initiated.
• Use language and keywords related to pharmacy field.
Following are 2 modern resume samples for a Pharmacy Technician job.
|560 Evelyn Shire ~ Newton, TX 75662|
(006) 444-3333 ● joseph @ email . com
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN ~ 7 YEARS
Bringing sound skills in compounding and dispensing medical prescriptions.
Energetic, success-driven pharmacy professional with hands-on experience in prescription preparation, stock ordering and maintenance of IV room as per UCP 979 guidelines. Friendly individual with can-do attitude and highly effective customer service style that promotes recurring business. Particularly effective in pre packaging of bulk medications and utilizing unit dose system. Thrive on new challenges through passion and commitment. Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Texas.
|● Prescription Handling||● Customer Service||● Dispensing Medicine|
|● Cash Cart Restocking||● IV Admixture||● Ordering Supplies|
|● Inventory Management||● Clerical Work||● Packaging/labeling|
|● Chemotherapy Preparations||● Data Entry||● Payment Processing|
• Implemented a prompt stock inventory system that ensured 100% availability of stock on the floor at all times.
• Introduced the culture of prepackaging bulk medications per unit dose which reduced waiting time by 70%.
• Initiated a recipe formula chart behind the counter which contained mixing details of important prescriptions to facilitate the pharmacist.
• Timely identified improper storage of a particular medicine in the lot and enabled full credit return of the same to the vendor, saving the firm a loss of $20k.
CASTLE MEDICAL CENTRE, Newton, TX
Pharmacy Technician, 3/2011 to Present
Greet customers courteously and prepare prescriptions accurately. Charge the client and record the transaction details appropriately. Order the stock and arrange it timely in an organized manner.
MEGALIFE PHARMACY, Newton, TX
Assistant Pharmacist, 6/2007 to 2/2011
Pre packaged commonly used prescriptions and assisted the pharmacist in preparing various solutions and admixtures as per requirement. Maintained the stock display area in a neat, clean, labeled and organized manner.
G.E.D | ASHOP COLLEGE, Newton, TX, 2007
MS Office Applications ● Inventory and POS System
Joseph is a highly organized person with a proven ability to multi-task.
- Mr. John Doe, Pharmacist
24 Some Ave ♦ Washington, DC 21147 ♦ (200) 000-1111 ♦ Email Address
OBJECTIVE: A Pharmacy Technician position with Providence Hospital utilizing pertinent knowledge and skills to maximize efficiency.
• Two years’ experience working in pharmacy settings
• State of DC certification as Pharmacy Technician
• Registered with the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
• Computer: MS Windows, TAO and HEB Intranet
• Demonstrated ability to compound and dispense medications and pharmaceutical supplies
• In-depth knowledge of reading prescriptions accurately
• Hands-on experience in dealing efficiently with customers, complaints and queries
• Comprehensive understanding of chemicals used in different concoctions and their adverse effects
• Experienced in the practical application of assisting pharmacists with clerical jobs including managing cash flow, stocking shelves and flow of supplies
• Assist pharmacists with medications dispensing, reconciling and filling of medications
• Manage customers complaints
• File out prescriptions according to written instructions
• Answer telephone calls
• Verify information on prescriptions
• Cashed out customers that purchased their prescriptions
• Assisted in dropping off prescriptions
• Faxed requests to the doctors
• Answered customer queries
• Performed other duties as assigned
St. Peter’s High School, Washington, DC, 2009
High School Diploma
• Sound knowledge of basic medicines and prescriptions
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong customer service background
• Multilingual: English, Spanish and French
• Great attention to detail