Here are four good reasons to write new pharmacy technician resume as you apply for this position.
• If your existing pharmacy technician resume aims at telling the employer what you have done over the past few years, you need a new definition. An ideal resume does not merely state what you have done. Rather it shows who you are and what you can do.
• If your resume reads like an obituary, you need a new one. Your resume must showcase your potential, don’t make it sound like a recital of your profile features
• If your resume has weak verbs like acted, helped, started, and followed. Replace these with strong action words like performed, facilitated, implemented and initiated
• If your resume is not tailored according to the specific company you are applying at, do that. Use language and style that clicks with the prospective firm
Here is a contemporary Pharmacy technician resume sample.
Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 1
560 Evelyn Shire ● Newton, TX 75662 ● (006) 444-3333 ● joseph @ email . com
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN ~7 YEARS
Extremely-energetic and success-driven pharmacy professional with strong expertise in prescription preparation, stock ordering and maintenance of IV room as per UCP 979 guidelines. Collaborative individual with can-do attitude and highly effective customer service style that promotes recurring business. Particularly effective in pre packaging of bulk medications and utilizing unit dose system. Thrive on new challenges through passion and commitment.
|Prescription Handling||Customer Service||Medicine Dispensing|
|Cash Cart Restocking||Pyxis based operations||Supply Ordering|
|Inventory Reporting||Additive Preparations||Patient Identification|
|Chemotherapy Preparations||Restocking Medicines||Aseptic Techniques|
• Implemented a prompt stock inventory system that ensured 100% availability of stock on the floor at all times.
• Introduced the culture of prepackaging bulk medications per unit dose which reduced waiting time of patients coming in for common prescriptions by 70%.
• Initiated a recipe formula chart behind the counter which contained mixing details of important prescriptions to facilitate the pharmacist which was highly commended.
• Timely identified improper storage of a particular medicine in the lot and enabled full credit return of the same to the vendor, saving the firm a loss of $20k.
CASTLE MEDICAL CENTRE, Newton, TX
Pharmacy Technician, 3/2011 to Present
Greet customers courteously and prepare prescriptions accurately. Charge the client and record the transaction details appropriately. Order the stock and arrange it timely in an organized manner.
MEGALIFE PHARMACY, Newton, TX
Assistant Pharmacist, 6/2007 to 2/2011
Pre packaged commonly used prescriptions and assisted the pharmacist in preparing various solutions and admixtures as per requirement. Maintained the stock display area in a neat, clean, labeled and organized manner.
ASHOP INSTITUTE, Newton, TX, 2007
Diploma in Pharmacy
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Newton, TX, 2006
High school diploma
Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample 2
24, Example 3rd Ave ♦ Washington, DC 21147 ♦ (200) 000-1111 ♦ Email Address
OBJECTIVE: A Pharmacy Technician position with Providence Hospital utilizing pertinent knowledge and skills to maximize efficiency.
• Two years’ experience working in pharmacy settings
• State of DC certification as Pharmacy Technician
• Registered with the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
• Computer: MS Windows, TAO and HEB Intranet
• Demonstrated ability to compound and dispense medications and pharmaceutical supplies
• In-depth knowledge of reading prescriptions accurately
• Hands-on experience in dealing efficiently with customers, complaints and queries
• Comprehensive understanding of chemicals used in different concoctions and their adverse effects
• Experienced in the practical application of assisting pharmacists with clerical jobs including managing cash flow, stocking shelves and flow of supplies
• Assist pharmacists with medications dispensing, reconciling and filling of medications
• Manage customers complaints
• File out prescriptions according to written instructions
• Answer telephone calls
• Verify information on prescriptions
• Cashed out customers that purchased their prescriptions
• Assisted in dropping off prescriptions
• Faxed requests to the doctors
• Answered customer queries
• Performed other duties as assigned
St. Peter’s High School, Washington, DC, 2009
High School Diploma
• Sound knowledge of basic medicines and prescriptions
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong customer service background
• Multilingual: English, Spanish and French
• Great attention to detail